General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR may be real soon now.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:32 AM

HHR may be real soon now.

This past Friday night, some low life decided to steal my truck. Some photo's and info are here https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/south-east-29/new-member-3263/.

With this happening and if the truck is not found, I will be buying the HHR finally. Noting will of course happen until I get a payoff from my insurance.

I've been doing a lot of research on here and on line in general. I was dead set on getting an '06 until GM decided to be nice and upgrade the warranty on the '07's. So unless they are willing to add an extended warranty on an '06 or offer a deal I can not refuse, it looks like an '07 will be chosen.

Picking the model is always the tough part. So, instead of thinking what I wanted, I decided to think of what I didn't want and here is my list:

Leather
Rear Spoiler
XM
OnStar
Automatic

Then I though about what I did want and if it was worth it to get it with or without the vehicle, here is my reasoning for electing to add later myself.

Fog lights, seems like I can get those cheaper and install for me is nothing.
Chrome package, grills are showing up left and right on EBay and with some of the other options out there, like CJ's.....
17" wheels, not sure how accurate is is, but charts show the 16" & 17" tires are the same overall height. Aftermarket wheels.
Redundent radio controls, thanks to this site, no problem.

Bottom line, the only item that I want added at the time of purchase is the running boards. That makes life simple. I know there are more than just the about that makes the differance between the LS, 1LT, & 2LT. So I will be looking for a base LS 5-speed with boards. I would like it to be either blue (Daytona or Imperial), Sport Red, or Black. Will get an '06 if the deal is right. The rest, I can just do myself and make it as peronalized as I like.

Trying to make the best out of a bad situation. Plus, with the discount I can get, I like the 14-15K price range much better.

More to come.
Joe
Old 09-12-2006, 12:51 PM

Sorry to hear about your truck, I hope they find it and the SOBs who took it. One thing to consider about the chrome package is it includes door handles, mirror skull caps, and a rear beauty bar, and I think an exaust tip, not just the grill. Somthing to think about unless you perfer the satin chrome. Good luck to you.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:54 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss that is/was a great looking truck. Hope it all turns out the best for you.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:29 PM

Sorry to hear about your truck man. Some people just suck and should be locked up in a cage for the rest of their natural lives.

Sounds pretty much like what I was looking for when I purchased my HHR. Like MizzouHHR mentioned, the bright chrome package is not only the grille, but the other parts as well, including the skull caps on the mirrors. The chrome tip I believe, is standard with the 2.4 engine and an option on the 2.2L, but you can add that later too. Not really sure what all the differences are between the LS & 1LT, but it looks like they are minimal.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:42 PM

Yes, I know the chrome package covers more than just the grill. That was just an example. To get an employee, I have to buy from the dealership my SIL works at. And each and every 2LT up there has XM and OnStar. This is in the entire area, not just Asheville itself. I just can't see paying for options I have no desire for. I did find one, and only one 5 Speed 1LT in the SE package. It's a thought, and if the price is right a good possiblility. All the rest are LS models. Sorry, but on this vehicle, I do not want an auto. Not sure when or how long it will take the insurance to pay out, I would imagine they will wait at least two weeks (they told me up to four weeks) to see if it will be found or not. But with the mods done to it, I imagine it stripped already.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
Yes, I know the chrome package covers more than just the grill. That was just an example. To get an employee, I have to buy from the dealership my SIL works at. And each and every 2LT up there has XM and OnStar. This is in the entire area, not just Asheville itself. I just can't see paying for options I have no desire for. I did find one, and only one 5 Speed 1LT in the SE package. It's a thought, and if the price is right a good possiblility. All the rest are LS models. Sorry, but on this vehicle, I do not want an auto. Not sure when or how long it will take the insurance to pay out, I would imagine they will wait at least two weeks (they told me up to four weeks) to see if it will be found or not. But with the mods done to it, I imagine it stripped already.
I've got a SE and I love it! I recommend it very highly.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I've got a SE and I love it! I recommend it very highly.
I did some searching to see what was in and around (100 miles) from Asheville and found that one. The only LT model with a stick, no XM or OnStar . Just depends on what the insurance give me.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear of the theft...low lifes rreally suck.

My association with insurance companies usually indicated a pay-out after 30 days, unless the vehicle is found in a returnable condition. If in damaged or in salvaged condition it generally becomes a pay-out. The amount depends on which one of the above.

Best of luck to you.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:01 PM

Sorry to hear about the truck! Hope insurance pays up and you're able to get your HHR soon!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:10 PM

Sorry to hear about your ride. It sounds really nice. I did a few mods to my 04 Silverado but had to take some of them off when I willed it to my sweeties 17 yr old. I didn't think he needed all that power and it still blows away all of his buddies stock rides. Hope they find yours soon and hopefully without damage.... Let us know...

CBL

Quick Reply: HHR may be real soon now.