General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Named one of Ugliest Cars for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by mongo
...but still can't warm up to an Aztek.
I passed one on the turnpike yesterday. I can't remember the last time I saw one...They are one ugly POS.

When I saw this one yesterday, I immediately thought "Heisenberg" , Walt's "alter" ego on Breaking Bad. The character Walt drives one on the show...
Old 12-10-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kinison_fan
I passed one on the turnpike yesterday. I can't remember the last time I saw one...They are one ugly POS.

When I saw this one yesterday, I immediately thought "Heisenberg" , Walt's "alter" ego on Breaking Bad. The character Walt drives one on the show...
I always thought they were kind of funky. Not beautiful, but not particularly ugly either. The Aztec is far better looking than its sister, the Buick Rendezvous. Blah! The real problem was that they were based on the GM Minivan platform. Pretty crappy.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:44 AM

If you think the Aztek is ugly.... take a look at this one

http://illegal-crew.org/tag/2-5-nissan-juke/

How about renaming this ugly thing on 4 wheels, the Nissan 'Puke'
Old 12-10-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_SS_QC

I like the Juke
Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_SS_QC

It looks like a toy that needs to be a power wheel or in the playroom for the kids not driven on the roads.

I actually don't find a lot of the exotics to be my style. They are unique and not really ugly, but not my taste at all. Lamborghini is a main on for me I like more rounded cars.

Like the Koenigsegg CCXR, the front is okay ignoring the full carbon fiber body...

the rear though... gag vomit.

Lotus Espirit

Old 12-10-2010, 01:09 PM

Since I could afford new cars, here's what I've bought:

1998 New Beetle, red, 1.9L TDI, 90 HP
2001 New Beetle, vortex blue, 1.8L turbo, 150 HP (before I modded the crap out of it...a tow truck struck it while it was parked in front of my workplace in 2004, totalling it)
2005 PT Cruiser GT, Electric Blue Pearl, 2.4L, 220 HP
2009 HHR SS, Victory Red, 2.0L, 290 HP (LNF Turbo Upgrade)

I also bought a 2007 Ford Escape XLT (vista blue and silver), but that was more my wife.

The four cars I bought for "me" got a wide range of compliments and criticisms. Some people loved them and some detested them. My wife cringed when I took her to a Chevrolet lot and headed straight for the HHRs. She really thought I was kidding...my SS has since grown on her a little bit, but she's never really "felt" it.

I like cars that stand out, and when people say "Do you really like driving that?" or "You really like the way that looks?" I tell them yes, I do...wouldn't be driving it otherwise.

Standard, bland, cookie-cutter 4-door sedans don't do it for me...I'd rather have something that gets a little notice and is fun to drive than to drive something that gets no reaction at all. But to each their own...It'd be a boring place if we all liked the same shizit.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by goetylsd
I've liked the HHR ever since it came out in 2005. Everyone at my work tells me how ugly they think it is (besides a few people). I like the looks of it, I think it's better than what a typical, plain car looks like. The HHR's got a bit of a personality to it, you know. Now, I hate the way the PT Cruiser looks. People say, "Well, how can you say that? Your car is just like a PT Cruiser, and I'm like, "Uh, no it's not. Maybe a little bit, but not that much." I have to say that I think the Nissan Cube and the Nissan Joke rank pretty high up there for me in how ugly they are, but then again, someone else might really like the way those cars look. At least they're unique, and not just a plain vanilla 4 door nothing special car. So it just goes to show that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder.'
Even my buddy a Chrysler mechanic says by a glance at the motor and under carriage says the HHR is put together much nicer than the PT.

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Hmmm I guess I am not the only one who gets this vision.

I would hate to replace the clutch. The car has to be taken appart in two pieces by two mechanics from Europe. The factory people are the only ones wo will do the work and it is not cheap. Oh and it needs done at just over 30,000 miles.
I love love love the Veron. And that Zonda posted above. It doesn't matter what the up keep is. If you can afford the car you can afford the upkeep. Let alone the insurance!! Plus what do you expect at over 1000 hp.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Even my buddy a Chrysler mechanic says by a glance at the motor and under carriage says the HHR is put together much nicer than the PT.
As someone who owned a PT GT (supposedly the "best" PT on all levels), I had a lot of problems with it. That's why I traded it in for the Escape after just over two years...I really couldn't take it anymore.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:22 PM

"the front is okay ignoring the full carbon fiber body... "

"It looks like a toy"

Only a select few will have to look at that "toy" every day. How i wish i was one of them ......
Old 12-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member

Bugatti that thought it could swim

Here's one that thought it had enough power to travel over water..

Quick Reply: HHR Named one of Ugliest Cars for 2010