General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR In Performance Auto & Sound Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:44 PM

Thumbs up HHR In Performance Auto & Sound Magazine

Awhile since I've been on here, but if anyone interested you can read about my custom HHR in the June issue of Performance Auto & Sound (just found out today) pages 68/70/72. Nothing like self promote Barns/Noble or just about any store carries the magazine.

On a side note, reason I've been busy is with my other custom car, a 2008 Solstice GXP. If your into car movies, you can see it in Fast & Furious 4 set to release 6/09. You can't miss it, candy/pearl blue, with bandanna graphics.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:06 PM

Sweet congrats on the magizine and the f and f 4
Old 06-03-2008, 12:58 AM

I thought you sold the HHR?
Old 06-05-2008, 07:57 PM

Congratulations on both accounts. I don't recall ever seeing your HHR. I'll have to go check out your pictures on this site.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:44 AM

Oh cool, thats yours?
Sweet install job.
It says the top is chopped and in the pics it didnt appear that it was. Still one of the best rides I have seen.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ed RazorLite
Oh cool, thats yours?
Sweet install job.
It says the top is chopped and in the pics it didnt appear that it was. Still one of the best rides I have seen.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Top choped 2" very suttle (why everything flows so well) but when next to another HHR can tell the difference easy. Reason I did only 2" so I can always use oem glass if anything ever broke/scratch etc. Besides you go lower then have to get into one off glass & would be way to expensive to replace. Also I didn't sell HHR last year at auction top bid was $60K (close to what I wanted) but with the doc. history with shows, awards, media, vedio, magazines, George Barris, etc. I decided to wait till next auction time.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by FEAR1HHR
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Top choped 2" very suttle (why everything flows so well) but when next to another HHR can tell the difference easy. Reason I did only 2" so I can always use oem glass if anything ever broke/scratch etc. Besides you go lower then have to get into one off glass & would be way to expensive to replace. Also I didn't sell HHR last year at auction top bid was $60K (close to what I wanted) but with the doc. history with shows, awards, media, vedio, magazines, George Barris, etc. I decided to wait till next auction time.
Yeah I think its easier to tell in the pic in your avatar. Good pics in the mag but the angles make it difficult to tell.

For some that may not know, PAS MAG is the largest publication in the autosound and performance market. Getting a spot in here is a great achievement, especially for our favorite ride, the HHR.
Congratulations man, enjoy it.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:55 PM

Yeah I think its easier to tell in the pic in your avatar. Good pics in the mag but the angles make it difficult to tell.

For some that may not know, PAS MAG is the largest publication in the autosound and performance market. Getting a spot in here is a great achievement, especially for our favorite ride, the HHR.
Congratulations man, enjoy it.
Thanks Ed for the information. I knew it was a good magazine but had no idea how big a deal till people like yourself and other friends of mine told me. PAS saw it at SEMA last year & ask all kinds of in/fo etc. on it. Same magazine will be doing another feature on my custom Solstice from FF4 movie. Article will be out end of this year. Thnaks again for the very nice words.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by FEAR1HHR
Thanks Ed for the information. I knew it was a good magazine but had no idea how big a deal till people like yourself and other friends of mine told me. PAS saw it at SEMA last year & ask all kinds of in/fo etc. on it. Same magazine will be doing another feature on my custom Solstice from FF4 movie. Article will be out end of this year. Thnaks again for the very nice words.
Wow, I wonder if some of our light panels are in your Solstice in the new movie. The cinematographers are using our panels to shed a little light on the actors faces. The panels dont take up any room so they are perfect for close quarters camera work.

It's a shame I didnt get to see your HHR at SEMA. I was stuck in our booth in the North Hall the entire time. I didnt get to see anything.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:30 PM

Wow, I wonder if some of our light panels are in your Solstice in the new movie. The cinematographers are using our panels to shed a little light on the actors faces. The panels dont take up any room so they are perfect for close quarters camera work.

It's a shame I didnt get to see your HHR at SEMA. I was stuck in our booth in the North Hall the entire time. I didnt get to see anything.
Ed I'll have to find out on FF4 & lighted panels & congrat's on that. I was on the set for one day shooting but not the other 3 that they used my Solstice in. My son is in the movie as well. Was really just a stroke of luck how it all came about. Solstice was at SEMA as well last year in south hall as you first come in, that's how casting company tracked me down for movie.

If everything goes to plan I'll be at SEMA this year with new project for GM. I'm doing a G8 this time. Let me know if your there this year & I'll come by and say hello.

Quick Reply: HHR In Performance Auto & Sound Magazine