General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Replacement/ Chevy Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 AM

I parked my HHR beside the early burb & the silhouette is identical, just smaller.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Well the HHR has sold over 100,000 units each year untill this year. 30% is what I heard were fleet sales.

Don't expect the HHR to get too much if any life added as the plaform is dying.

The big factor is here is GM has delayed most programs 1-2 years due to money and they are also delaying programs with the threat to cancel them if the UAW does not give GM a break on their contracts.

The UAW factor here is what is going on. IF they do not give in the program will just be moved.

The big problem is the Orlando is the Anti HHR. I think Chevy is already well served with the new NOX and this will add little to GM sales. Lets face it many of us bought a HHR because it did not look like a soccer Moms Mini van.

The Orlando may be a very good vehicle but is it really going to be a good replacment for the HHR. Is it different enough to stand out from the many Mini Van SUV's on the market?.

I just don't see this selling over 100,000 units a year. I also don't see this at the price point of a HHR.

Agreed - and I don't see the performance either.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:02 AM

Respectfully asking----whutinell is a huffer?
Old 03-30-2009, 10:33 AM

Yuck! Ugly from every angle, inside and out! If this is the best GM can do, they might as well shut the doors now.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:42 AM

Maybe with today's announcement they'll be shelving any of their "big changes" which aren't going to make a dime profit. Of all the vehicles which look like this Orlando, I'd be picking up the Toyota version if I had to get one. Of course given the choice I'd just pick up another HHR for a Summer driver. If they are not selling then stop but don't replace them with an expensive retrofit to try and snag a half dozen sales from the Japanese/Korean car companies. That idiotic line of thought is why Chevy is in this mess as deep as it indeed is.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:07 PM

GM did away with their Mini-van Line. The cheapest 7 passenger gm car you can buy is a Chevy Traverse for $30k. I think it would be very smart of gm to produce a car that can seat 7 that they can sell in the $15-25k range. People dont want to spend much more than that. Thats why GM isnt selling cars right now. Thats the market they are going for with this Orlando concept. The Mazda 5 is doing quite well, which is what this car would be produced to compete against. And in my opinion it is better looking that the mazda 5. I agree its not as astetically pleasing as our HHR. But I think its a better alternative than the Mazda 5 or Kia Rondo, which I have seen a lot of these days. The Orlando looks to be a great fuel effecient family car.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:29 PM

How often do any of us have to ever carry 7 people? Who would really want to sit in the third row too?

Todays anouncment will reduce the number of models and the HHR may die sooner because of it. I have no inside knowledge but the goverement is looking for cuts and a car that is set to die soon may get moved up. We need to watch what GM plans are.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:55 PM

I often wish I had more seating. Matter of fact My wife and I will be trading in her Chevy Aveo for a.. gulp .. Dodge Caravan or Journey in the next month or so. I wish I could stick with GM but they do not offer an affordable 7 passenger. We love the Buick Enclave, and the Chevy Traverse, but They are just too expensive.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM

I thought this article might fuel a discusion.
Forbes magazine suggests the Chevy orlando could be one of the 10 cars that can save detriot!

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/06/car...hisSpeed=30000
Old 04-07-2009, 11:28 PM

thanks for the link, opalpowered. My first response to this picture is: say it isnt so! The Orlando concept car is one ,ugly SUV! I hope GM will tweak the HHR rather than replace it with a car that looks like a hodge-podge vehicle consisting of a body that looks like the Honda Element, Equinox, and Tribute rolled into one!

Quick Reply: HHR Replacement/ Chevy Orlando