General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Replacement/ Chevy Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 02:28 PM

Check it out I just did an Orlando Panel photoshop, looks like its got some attitude.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:02 PM

My first impression was to like it ... but as I looked at the pics, you can see many things that you just know won't make it to the production model. Will this vehicle look quite as cool when it's dumbed-down?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:05 PM

once it goes from concept to production it's going to go the same way as the Volt. Went from a sleeking looking car to a prius lock-alike.

The handles (and other blue lights) would be illegal in most states as well.

i'm just not a big fan of it. looks like a sharp angled concept, like al the rest.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:34 PM

remids me too much of the Pontiac Aztec and Buick Rendezvoius. I just dont think I like it.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:44 PM

Well what you are looking at is 90%+ production.

But also what you are looking at GM just decided they are not going to bring it to the states and just sell it overseas.

This could change later but for now GM is just floating it to see how the reaction is here.

The 7 passenger vehicles are big in Europe and they are now marketing Chevy there mostly as rebadged Daewoo's.

The Volt had to change as the show car was just that and GM stated that early on. They needed better Aero numbers and the new car has them. They have added over 10 miles of electric range in little details of aero count.

Over all many of GM's show cars have been very close to the show cars like the Solstice, SSR and coming new Lacrosse.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:57 AM

Did some digging on this.

GM still may bring this to the states but it is not considered an HHR reoplacment.

At least that is the word for now.

It could replace Equinox not the HHR
Old 09-25-2008, 07:25 AM

Its clearly on a larger platform than the hhr, so you cant replace a jimmy with a suburban...lol

I wish GM would realize what they have with this car. Market it MUCH MORE, and variants, colors options. It really could fill the VAST majority of consumers needs. Imagine the current wagon, then a truck, then a Z-XX version with 300hp, and all wheel drive version with a 2-3 inch lift, nav, open sky roof, a bling version a hybrid...so on a so forth. Add a few different styling differences between the variants so a not to become to boring and I thnk you would have the NEW beetle so to speak. An extended version?

Why spend so much money developing new vehicles

4 People my size can clearly take long trips in this car and cary a little luggage.

I have proven that 600 miles is posible out of a tank 150 more than advertized.

Crazysteve is proving that 12's are possible with a tune, boltons, and a couple front wheels.

You wanna turn and twist, add the sway bar and some EVO stick tires and maybe stiffer/rising rate springs up front.

You wanna pimp, numerous memebrs have 20's added rear view cameras, and nav/dvd.

Why new when there is so mich potential in the old.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Clevelandhhrss
Why spend so much money developing new vehicles
Because the leaders of large business are hired to make money. New models tend to "provoke" people into buying new cars moreso then building the same car for 10 years.

People want to buy newer cars. The latest and greatest.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by djmoose
Because the leaders of large business are hired to make money. New models tend to "provoke" people into buying new cars moreso then building the same car for 10 years.

People want to buy newer cars. The latest and greatest.
Ask any owners of the "new" s-10 if they think that the "new" was worth it. GM killed an icon with a garbage replacement (sorry if any of you own this junker, nothin against ya). You can't give colorados, and canyons away. 5 cylinders?... are you f'n kidding me. Have you seen the inside of a near base h3 hummer, tell me if you see where the 35+grand went? 40 or more if you want all the doodads?

I almost bought a jeep 4dr wrangler in disgust at the hummer. 34K out the door with everything possible, I mean everything, not one single option missing!

Don't get me started on caddy? My parking garage is filled with the cars of young professionals with money to burn and image to flaunt..lol A cts is a good rental when your 3 series or a4 is in the shop. Thats what the "target market" thinks about a small caddy.

But they market this damn thing to DEATH. It doesnt "turn me on" (neither does tiki barber). It's to friggen slow, heavy, and angular. With all the options (awd...nav etc) it prices exactly the same as a c300 merc. I've driven both. The merc a lot actually. Sorry caddy you lose. Still havent driven that new 335i twin turbo, but I don't need to when I'm gonna compare it to a cts...Outside, or under the hood, bimmer 1 caddy 0.

This SS is probably the best car by numbers to stomp on all other competition domestic or abroad. And looking at who i see driving them (no offense again guys) gray hair is the predominant color behind the wheel (ls,lt,ss in combination), and if you can make it cool enough for those of us 20+ years from a full head of gray, then that is saying something!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:20 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by wyndot
Great looking version!!

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 10-13-2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Merged threads

Quick Reply: HHR Replacement/ Chevy Orlando