General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Replacement/ Chevy Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:46 PM

No room in the back is exactly why I didn't buy a fully loaded Caliber SXT for $7500 less than what I paid for the HHR. So now Chevy has one too? Guess I know the next vehicle I won't be buying.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 PM

Furthermore, GM has no plans to discontinue to the Chevrolet HHR and there is currently a new Tacuma MPV in the works. Sales of both of these vehicles will continue in the U.S.
or:

There's really not a doubt in our minds that the Orlando is being developed to replace the HHR in the U.S. while it simultaneously enters a new segment in Europe for Chevy.
whatever.
i'm going to try and keep this 2006LT on the road FOREVER(that's about four more years, lol @ 2012).

i don't know why i can't buy a brand new model tee. it's not like they're hard to make and there would be no demand. it's not like they lost the plans or know how. hell, they could even paint them something besides black, now!
or a sixty one 'vette would be nice hot off the production line.

i think instead of closing down auto production plants in the US, they should start doing remakes of classics in those spaces with that labour/expertise/machine pool. instead of displaced workers and dried up markets, you would get (some) revitalisation.
wouldn't that be cool? they could even tweak a little high tech into the old designs for fuel efficiency, handling, and comfort, etc.

dreaming in technicolor is my dream.

Last edited by i like!; 10-15-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: changed reality
Old 10-15-2008, 11:21 PM

Thumbs down whatever

Originally Posted by i like!
or:

whatever.
i'm going to try and keep this 2006LT on the road FOREVER(that's about four more years, lol @ 2012).

i don't know why i can't buy a brand new model tee. it's not like they're hard to make and there would be no demand. it's not like they lost the plans or know how. hell, they could even paint them something besides black, now!
or a sixty one 'vette would be nice hot off the production line.

i think instead of closing down auto production plants in the US, they should start doing remakes of classics in those spaces with that labour/expertise/machine pool. instead of displaced workers and dried up markets, you would get (some) revitalisation.
wouldn't that be cool? they could even tweak a little high tech into the old designs for fuel efficiency, handling, and comfort, etc.

dreaming in technicolor is my dream.
Is it just me, or do I sense a little sarcasm in this comment?!?

Old 10-15-2008, 11:40 PM

I like it, Glass Roof is stupid and won't happen. I'm sure the design will change 5 time's by the time they produce it anyway.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:12 AM

Considering I don't very many on the dealers lot and a whole lot in fleet mode compared to other models , I guess GM doesn't have us in mind when they do new vehicles. Its all about STATUS! Soccer moms and such. A year ago when I bought my 1st HHR I didn't see many around..didn't even know they existed till I saw it on the lot..now, I see them everywhere..don't they see the same thing? One has to wonder why they like to kill a growing good thing........
Old 10-16-2008, 01:10 AM

When i bought my hhr my dealer said the hhr is the number 1 selling new model they have ever had.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:40 AM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
Is it just me, or do I sense a little sarcasm in this comment?!?

it's just you. sarcasm doesn't translate into text, so i try not to use it unless it's obvious.

i'm a dreamer, so shoot me, LOL! i want a newly built, re-engineered old classic design. why not? the HHR is kinda like that, no?
Old 01-11-2009, 02:40 PM

Chevy Orlando "HHR" Replacement on Chevy's site

Well, not officially, but this vehicle is in the same size class, covers the same market and is a Chevy.

http://www.chevrolet.com/orlando/

It was discussed on a prior thread as not being for the US, but since it's on the Chevy website, I would say that this is the next HHR...
Old 01-11-2009, 02:43 PM

Read over at GM Inside News website that this is a 2011 MY vehicle and is only 4 inches longer than a HHR.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:48 PM

Bad idea they are too late it`s just a Dodge Caliber wearing a bow tie
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: HHR Replacement/ Chevy Orlando