General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Rolled Visor

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 07:48 AM

HHR Rolled Visor

Does anyone know where I can find a Rolled Visor for my 2006 HHR LT? I know the company in CA had some issues. I do not like the other types on the market. I am looking for that original "Sun Shield" look. I would consider new or used. Any ideas??

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:13 AM
Premium Member

Welcome to the site, crosley21, You should befriend A&P, he seems to be good at finding them, maybe he will share his shopping secrets with you.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by crosley21
Does anyone know where I can find a Rolled Visor for my 2006 HHR LT? I know the company in CA had some issues. I do not like the other types on the market. I am looking for that original "Sun Shield" look. I would consider new or used. Any ideas??

Thanks!
Like these?

Name:  6ed2a6ce.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  51.9 KB

Name:  bf791e06.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  63.3 KB

Name:  fb071f2b.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  90.5 KB

Name:  05f67a7f.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  d44957dd.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  79.2 KB

New??
They were Discontinued Several years ago. The maker had/still has alot of issues and had most people who bought Custom Parts from them pretty pissed off.

Unless you lived in the area and could Personally confront him.

You'd be Very Lucky to find a New unused one, if you do, PLAY THE LOTTO that day!!!

Watch Ebay and Hope a used one pops up on it, be forwarned tho, i'll be Bidding like a Madman on it.

The Red one came up in the Classifieds here, and the asking price was offered at $500.00 plus fed ex shipping cost.

You may Learn to Like the choices that are still Available.

Keep in mind the HHR never had the aftermarket support like the PT Cruiser, a Camaro, Corvette ect. and now that the HHR is no longer being made what little there was or is available will Dry Up pretty soon as the Aftermarket suppliers move on to other cars.
Get what you can, Now, before it's too late.

Originally Posted by SS fan
Welcome to the site, crosley21, You should befriend A&P, he seems to be good at finding them, maybe he will share his shopping secrets with you.
SHHHH, Still on the Hunt for them here SS fan.

They are HARD to find, took me awhile, then 2 showed up one right after the other, after wanting and looking for them for so long, I wasnt gonna pass up grabbing Any that were offered to me.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Deceased

to the forum crosley21!

I knew that the "Visor Man...AKA...A&P" would check in with some info for you.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by 843de
to the forum crosley21!

I knew that the "Visor Man...AKA...A&P" would check in with some info for you.
SS fan kinda forced me too.

They are pretty Rare and now even rarer to find them.

The "Sticky" thread "Official Visor Post (PIX ONLY)" only has 4 posts, and 1 of them is of the flatter style visor he don't like. 1 is the LUND.

I now own the Gold one that started the thread. And the Red one was only offered for sale, sadly because that HHR got Totalled.

Ill post pics there once mine is installed.

Just gave some info I found out on my own Hunt for the Rolled Visor.

He might be better off, buying one of the currently available ones and Enjoy it while they are still availble.

Once they are no longer offered, IF you can then find one, their prices will Rise as well. IF you can even locate one later on.

If you Want a front visor, (not for everyone) better to actually Get one that you can get, while you still can.

I was this close >[]< to buying the flatter style one myself. My thought was, better to have one, than Not.

I was gonna buy the Aluminum one and Airbrush a 50s-60s Style Drive In style Diner with a Cruise Night going on in the parking lot. Or a Cemetary Scene on it.

Still thinking about it for the Rolled Visor.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:17 PM

Thanks for all the Info! If I can't find the visor I want, then I will go without. No point in spending money for those other visors. They simply don't provide the the look I'm going for. I have my own shop. Perhaps I will modify one of my old original Sunshields that have seen better days.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:12 PM

i want to see one installed
Old 03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by crosley21
Thanks for all the Info! If I can't find the visor I want, then I will go without. No point in spending money for those other visors. They simply don't provide the the look I'm going for. I have my own shop. Perhaps I will modify one of my old original Sunshields that have seen better days.
No problem.
And understandable, I had thought that way too. I had just about given up finding one, the Red one, that HHR was pretty Customized, very Nice and had custom airbrushing on the rear tailgate.
It was put up for sale here, was up for awhile, I offered to buy the rolled visor and was turned down by the seller.

They Finally sold the car, and a couple months later they reported that the new owner of it had Totalled it.
I again contacted them and asked if I could get the new owners contact info as I Wanted that Visor.

Next thing I know, I see an AD for it in the Classifieds for it. Without any first contacting me, Luckily I JUMPED on making contact ASAP and worked out getting it.

I had tried to contact others that had them, without much success in anyone wanting to get rid of theirs or that HHR was long gone and they had no idea how to track it down.

Then right after I bought the Red one, I get contacted about the Gold one, Had to take it, it was months before that I had tried to contact them about it.

Payed off in the end, but I was Very close to buying the other style one Just to have a front visor on my Panel. I was gonna wrap it in fiberglass reform it and create a rolled lip effect and airbrush a scene on it.

Just keep in mind as I said. Anything currently available for our Beloved HHR's aftermarket, will too soon start disappearing one by one, it's already happening.

If you buy the other style one, youd at least Have a front exterior visor.

IF you ever did come across the Rolled one, and got it, you could always sell the first one and end up with the one your after, and if one never becomes available, at least your riding with a front visor.

You don't see alot of Visors on HHRs of any type. So any type will set your HHR apart from the others.

Good luck on your Hunt.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by capp002
i want to see one installed
I got another thread about that capp, just Waiting on our Weather to Cooperate to do the install. Believe me, I WANT to install it ASAP!

Old 03-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Premium Member

Sorry A&P didn't mean to bust you out or anything