General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Sales Totals YTD

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 08:17 PM

Question HHR Sales Totals YTD

There is a column that appears in the Rocky Mountain News/Denver Post called Spark & Sputter and last weekend the guy posted some figures for the 1st 7 months of the year. The HHR was not on this list, so I wrote to the guy and received a reply today. HERE is a link to what was in the paper and below is what I wrote to him and his response back to me.

Hello, my name is Debbie and I just read your column in the Saturday issue of the paper. I am the proud owner of a 2006 Chevrolet HHR and would like to take issue with the figures you provided on the 7 month totals. As noted below, sales for the HHR are up from a year ago when they were introduced, and leaving them off the list seems preposterous. I would like to invite you to visit the fastest growing HHR forum at https://www.chevyhhr.net

Please refer to the link below which states the following:

HHR had its best retail sales month since launch, and set an all-time total sales record with 14,838 vehicles delivered, up 249.6 percent compared with July 2005, and CYTD deliveries of 66,828 vehicles.

I would also be happy to get in touch with several of our forum members who are employed by Chevrolet dealers and have them provide me with information available to them regarding HHR sales.

Here is the link where I procured this information.
http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/br...ins-191308.php

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest possible convenience. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Debra Meade
Arvada, CO

And his response:

Wow, Debbie, you must like your HHR; I did too when I reviewed one last fall. However, General Motors classifies the HHR as a truck, so it is not listed in the car sales statistics. The July sales of the HHR were outstanding, but you can't compare the total with last year's July because the HHR had only begun to be sold sometime in that month. A better comparison will be of the coming months. I appreciate your defense of the HHR; GM needs more like you. Best wishes.
Bud

Does GM really include the figures for the HHR in with the trucks...or is this guy jerking my chain? Does anyone have any other information other than what I was able to find? This whole deal has my curiousity up and I'd appreciate any feedback you might be able to provide.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Founding Member

Thanks Deb for going the extra mile!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:35 PM

Deb:
Whatever the answer is I know I want you on my team.
U go girl !!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member

Deb....

I did some fast searching for GM press releases. In all of them they include the HHR with "the small utilitiy vehicle" stats...Nox,Torrent, etc.

So it appears that GM may call the HHR a truck afterall...even after listing it under cars and trucks on their own website.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:58 PM

Thanks Sindy & Moose...I have written to the newspaper before...imagine that. About a year ago, they closed our NASCAR sanctioned track PPIR when it was bought out by ISC and I wrote the paper protesting it's closing. To my surprise, my comment ended up in the newspaper a few days later. Mom said I was the first person she ever knew that got their name in the paper without it being in the obits.

Snoopy...thanks for the info. I'm going to do some more investigation and write this guy back. Hoping that Batman or Bryce will see this and help me out since they both work at Chevrolet dealers and might be able to give me more insight on this than you already have. Maybe I should point out to this guy that Chevrolet has it as both on their website...therefore, it should be on the car list as well.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:29 PM

I'm with Moose. I definitely want you on my side! Great letter.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Founding Member

wow Deb your rock! If you ever come to Ohio, I'll buy you a
Old 08-22-2006, 10:47 PM

Thanks Bama & JonyyB. I'm definitely on a mission on this one...who knows...maybe I'll end up in the newspaper again.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:06 PM

WOW Deb glad you are on our side,. Think you can help me getting a good deal on my next hhr?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
WOW Deb glad you are on our side,. Think you can help me getting a good deal on my next hhr?
As you can see...when I set my mind on something...I take no prisoners.

Say the word dbarberaz...I'll come down there and whoop those boys and you'll get the best deal in the country...just so they can get rid of me.

Quick Reply: HHR Sales Totals YTD