General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 09:03 PM

HHR warranty

NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY
GM vehicles registered in the U.S.A. are covered for 3 years/36,000 miles (whichever comes first). The complete vehicle is covered, including tires, towing to your nearest Chevrolet dealership, and cosmetic corrosion resulting from defects. Repairs will be made to correct any vehicle defect, and most warranty repairs will be made at no charge. In addition, rust-through corrosion will be covered for 6 years/100,000 miles (whichever comes first). See dealer for details.

CORROSION PROTECTION
Chevrolet vehicles are designed and built to resist corrosion. All body and sheet metal components are warranted against rust-through corrosion for 6 years/100,000 miles (whichever comes first). Application of additional rust-inhibiting materials is not required under the corrosion coverage and none is recommended. See your Chevrolet dealer for terms of this limited warranty.

ASSEMBLY
Chevrolet vehicles and their components are assembled or produced by different operating units of General Motors, its subsidiaries, or suppliers to GM worldwide. We sometimes find it necessary to produce Chevrolet vehicles with different or differently sourced components than originally scheduled. Since some options may be unavailable when your vehicle is assembled, we suggest you verify that your vehicle includes the equipment you ordered and that, if there were changes, they are acceptable to you.

ENGINES
Chevrolet products are equipped with engines produced by GM Powertrain or other suppliers to GM worldwide. The engines in Chevrolet products may also be used in other GM makes and models.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ALTERATIONS AND WARRANTIES
Installations or alterations to the original equipment vehicle (or chassis) as distributed by General Motors are not covered by the General Motors New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The special body company, assembler, equipment installer, or upfitter is solely responsible for warranties on the body or equipment and any alterations (or any effect of the alterations) to any of the parts, components, systems, or assemblies installed by GM. General Motors is not responsible for the safety or quality of design features, materials, or workmanship of any alterations by such suppliers.

Powertrain Warranty
In addition to the standard 3-year/36,000-mile (whichever comes first) New Vehicle Limited Warranty, Chevy Aveo and Cobalt come with a 5-year/60,000-mile (whichever comes first) Powertrain Warranty that:

has a $0 deductible
is transferable to another owner at no charge
The Powertrain Limited Warranty is in addition to the express conditions and warranties described in the Warranty Booklet. The coverage and benefits described in the booklet under "New Vehicle Limited Warranty" are not extended or altered because of this special Powertrain Warranty.

WHAT IS COVERED
In addition to the bumper-to-bumper coverage described in the Warranty Booklet, General Motors will warrant each 2006 Chevrolet Aveo and Cobalt for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the powertrain components of the vehicle. The Powertrain Limited Warranty covers repairs to correct any vehicle defect related to materials or workmanship occurring during the 5-year/60,000-mile term for the following:

Engine

Emissions control system components that are identified in the Emission Warranty Parts List within the Warranty Booklet
Cylinder head, block
All internally lubricated parts
Manifolds
Timing gears, timing belt, and timing cover
Flywheel
Oil pump/oil pump housing, water pump, and fuel pump
Harmonic balancer
OHC carriers
Valve covers
Oil pan
Engine mount
Seals and gaskets
Transmission/Transaxle

Case
All internal parts
Torque converter
Transmission/transaxle mounts
Seals
Clutch
Gaskets
Front-Wheel Drive

Axle shafts and axle shaft bearings
Constant velocity joints
Wheel bearings
Supports
Front hub bearings and rear-axle hub bearings
Seals and gaskets
Towing
Towing is covered to the nearest Chevrolet dealer if your vehicle cannot be driven because of a warranted defect. Contact the Chevrolet Roadside Assistance Center for towing. Refer to the Warranty Booklet for details.

Courtesy Transportation
Interim transportation may be available under the Chevrolet Courtesy Transportation Program. Please consult your dealer for details

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
As the vehicle owner, you are responsible for the performance of the scheduled maintenance listed in your vehicle Owner's Manual. In addition to the "What Is Not Covered" section of the Warranty Booklet, this Powertrain Warranty does not cover the following items:

Wear items
Powertrain wear items, such as clutch linings
Wear items, such as brake linings
Any damage caused by owner/lessee failure to follow scheduled maintenance may not be covered by warranty
Scheduled maintenance items, such as filters, coolants and fluids, and brake pads/linings
NOTE: Interium maintenance, checks, inspections, and recommended fluids and lubricants as prescribed in the vehicle Owner's Manual are necessary to keep your vehicle in good working condition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM Sites
Chevy Worldwide
Site Map
Warranty
Contact Us
Copyright & Trademark
Privacy Statement
© 2006 General Motors Corporation

So, if the Cobalt gets a 5 yr/60,000 mile powertrain warranty , why doesn't the HHR? Seems to me like GM is short changing us. Actually, when I was researching HHR's before I ordered mine, several sights listed the HHR as having the same powertrain warranty as the Cobalt. Wish it was so.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:08 PM

The dealer told me I could upgrade from the 3 years/36,000 miles to a 7 year / 100,000 mile warranty. It cost me more $ but I did it. I really want to lower it though and they said that would void the warranty
so i guess it will have to wait
Old 02-20-2006, 09:56 PM

I still don't understand why we can't have the same factory warranty as the Cobalt. Same platform and engines. Should be the same warranty.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:07 PM

I have a 4 year/48,000 mile warranty
Old 02-20-2006, 10:21 PM

It will only void the warranty on the suspension / tires / etc if you lower it. All the other stuff will remain intact. Of course if your anything like me I kill the warranty almost immediately, I have a tendacy to mod my vehicles soon after I get them including the suspension and engine. But then again I do all my own work and maintenance and have never taken a vehicle back into a dealership for anything.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
I have a 4 year/48,000 mile warranty
But I think you probably had to pay extra didn't you? The point I'm trying to make is, why should HHR owners have to pay extra for the same thing Cobalt owners get for free?
Old 02-20-2006, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Clarke33
But I think you probably had to pay extra didn't you? The point I'm trying to make is, why should HHR owners have to pay extra for the same thing Cobalt owners get for free?
I agree with you on that. I did have to pay extra and we should have the same warranty as the cobalts.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:47 PM

how much more money is the extra 4 years added to the warranty? I just have the 3 year one....
Old 02-21-2006, 03:12 PM

I have a 5 year/60,000. I'm paying $14/month extra on my car payments.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:23 PM

I got a 7 year 75,000. It only cost me an extra 500 bucks too. (they quoted me a wrong price, but after some arguing I still got it at 500)

Quick Reply: HHR warranty