General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Hhr's Are Asembled In Mexico.........

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 08:38 AM

Hhr's Are Asembled In Mexico.........

And the dealer told me the reason,they couldn't get the one that I ordered was because of drug smugglers were using the car to traffic drugs into the United States. I don't know if he was feeding me a bunch of bull or not. I did get the car that I wanted,I had to do a online search.

Its strange that the U.S. is having all these problems with Mexico.And they have a G.M. plant there,that is producing a very popular car.I wonder how the Mexico G.M. plant workers are living?

P.S. Check your running boards for drugs?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR Music Machine
And the dealer told me the reason,they couldn't get the one that I ordered was because of drug smugglers were using the car to traffic drugs into the United States. I don't know if he was feeding me a bunch of bull or not. I did get the car that I wanted,I had to do a online search.

P.S. Check your running boards for drugs?
If you have drugs in your running boards it's not from mexico. Your local police dept. needs to do a sting on your dealership. That's who installed the running boards.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:50 AM

This is what that dealership gave you:
Old 05-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Banned

How come everyone always wants to blame the Mexicans for drugs! ...............Oh wait, didn't they just make them legal?
Old 05-04-2006, 09:08 AM

wait your HHR had drugs in it?

mine just had a small family of illegal immigrants...

-wC
Old 05-04-2006, 09:48 AM

Yall.......Funny!

No Cap.......I heard this morning,that President Fox sent the bill back. The U.S. Goverment informed him that if the bill passed,Americans would be across the border to buy drugs. In the new paper they said the reason why Mexico was concidering the bill was because of there jails were over populated with (small time) drug user's,and they wnated to focus on Major drug trafficers.

As if the United States jails are not full with (small time) drug users?

The dealership I went to all of the cars had running boards installed when they arrived. The ones without running boards,you could clearly see that running boards were removed after they arrived because, the running board area was unpainted.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:57 AM

When they come from the factory the have a cover that goes where the running boards do. maybe they removed the cover to put running boards on?
Old 05-04-2006, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by batman5273
This is what that dealership gave you:
Okay, that's just nasty!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:18 AM

Wow, it is so hard not to jack this thread and head into a rant about illegals or Chevy building the HHR in Mexico, or drugs...please do not bait me like this I don't have the strength to resist much more...
Old 05-05-2006, 12:03 PM

Just out of curiosity, how is the HHR being built in Mexico any different than anything else these days? US consumers have been buying vehicles made elsewhere for decades now, and a good percentage of them now view vehicles made elsewhere as more dependable. Additionally, look at all the other stuff you buy - I used to work in a department store, and I would say a majority of goods purchased by Americans are now produced elsewhere. Your clothes come from Mexico, Sri Lanka, and Viet Nam, and everything else comes from China - we eased into exporting production like an old man eases into a nice, warm bath - and now that the water's cold, we don't know how to go back to the good ol' days. By the way, I'm just stating facts, not complaining - it's hard to change things that are as big as this!

Quick Reply: Hhr's Are Asembled In Mexico.........