General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

How do you think the HHR handles in the snow?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Banned

I just didn't understand and was kind of hoping for an explanation so I could get the joke also. I'm kind of slow sometimes when it comes to humor.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:22 PM

Wink

Thanks captain for info on tires. I checked the tires out you mentioned today I probly will get them too. the tire rep said to absolutely mount 4 tires not just two. The blizzards are great but cost about $135 ea. The goodyear snows about $140 ea.{this is State patrol tire they use} About $125 for true snow model. The B F G tiretraction t/a about $102 [not a true winter tire but good all season] The michilin artic alpine about $134 ea. The ones you had came in at $82 ea. and I feel a good buy . Anybody else got feelings on winter tires????? I just looked at my firehawks and they are definately not a tire to run in northern climates. They have no sipes to channel mud ,SNOW, or heavy rain away from center of tire. Pretty serious for us northern boys. I lived in texas for 2 years while in the army,,,BOY do I miss the easy winters down there,,,,just not the damn tornadoes

Last edited by hhr rules; 11-28-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:35 PM

You guys for me worried about getting winter tires. I have never done that before. The car is front wheel drive. Just drive slow like the turtle. After all he always beats the Rabbit. It's a bit different in the NY Metro area. Soon as it slows down/stops Mr. Plow is everywhere. Afterall all it cost NYC 1 million dollars each inch of snow to clean throught the city.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:36 PM

snow

We've gotten over 24 inches of snow since Saturday. HHR does just fine.
Have to watch your speed, but I don't plan on getting snow tires. Car has front wheel drive and its easy to pass rear driven cars on one way streets etc. Car seems to high center a little on some bad snow clumps, but overall its doing just fine. The HHR has a small wheel base, so that might be an issue, but so far really satisfied.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:04 PM

MrBcruzn thanks for the info. Now I feel a bit more confident
Old 12-05-2005, 08:51 AM

Now I know how the car moves in the snow. Low Transaction loves to come on. I got my first snow storm sunday and i should have another one tomm
Old 12-05-2005, 10:49 AM

I'm suppose to get a storm here in a few days so I can't wait to see the low traction light start strobing.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:33 AM

Where are you from Adam?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:13 PM

Unhappy

god i'm starting to hate this stupid weather....

ugh,,, I just crashed my SUV Infiniti QX4 2001 this monring,,, i hit a patch of ice on the highway and the back just went on me, I hit the concreate divider and then i hit the metal guard, thank god i didn't end up in the river...

Now time to take it in the ass by the insurance... In Canada young people get screwd by insurance.... man what a ****ty ****ty day......
Old 12-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CanadianHHR
god i'm starting to hate this stupid weather....

ugh,,, I just crashed my SUV Infiniti QX4 2001 this monring,,, i hit a patch of ice on the highway and the back just went on me, I hit the concreate divider and then i hit the metal guard, thank god i didn't end up in the river...

Now time to take it in the ass by the insurance... In Canada young people get screwd by insurance.... man what a ****ty ****ty day......
I don't know how Canadian insurance is but I was paying nearly $5000 a year for my Mustang after my age reduction. I think insurance companies just suck. When I transfered over to my HHR Allstate tried raising my insurance another $3000. I switched to Geico and saved alot on my insurance. I pay about $1200 a year now. They saved me nearly $7000 a year. I couldn't believe that Allstate tried raising my insurance because I switched from a sports car to a four door wagon.

Quick Reply: How do you think the HHR handles in the snow?