General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

How do you think the HHR handles in the snow?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianHHR
god i'm starting to hate this stupid weather....

ugh,,, I just crashed my SUV Infiniti QX4 2001 this monring,,, i hit a patch of ice on the highway and the back just went on me, I hit the concreate divider and then i hit the metal guard, thank god i didn't end up in the river...

Now time to take it in the ass by the insurance... In Canada young people get screwd by insurance.... man what a ****ty ****ty day......
Other the car getting into an accident and the bs insurance. Are you ok? Thats what important.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I don't know how Canadian insurance is but I was paying nearly $5000 a year for my Mustang after my age reduction. I think insurance companies just suck. When I transfered over to my HHR Allstate tried raising my insurance another $3000. I switched to Geico and saved alot on my insurance. I pay about $1200 a year now. They saved me nearly $7000 a year. I couldn't believe that Allstate tried raising my insurance because I switched from a sports car to a four door wagon.
That makes no sense. I have statefarm. In less then 2 weeks I turn 25 and i know the ins policy will have a huge reduction for me.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:33 PM

Thumbs down

At 62 years of age I have driven in a lot of show and I can say I was less than impressed with the tires on my 2LT.

The overall handleing of the car is not bad but a more agressive snow tire is required.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:37 PM

That seems to be the case with the quality of the HHR tires for the amount of us that drive in the snow
Old 12-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Banned

100% agreement!
Old 12-08-2005, 08:37 PM

Thumbs up winter snowtires

BELIEVE IN THE FORCE!!!!! I just got my new snow tires on and I love them so far. I got firestone winterforce cause they were good price and had agressive tread pattern on them.As on que we got 2 inches of more snow next day. They did fine in that lite snow. Very little noise difference from stock tires and seemed ok on highway speeds too.I see alot of you have firestone GTA,s which is a better tire than I got on my 16 inch tires. My tires (summer )are firestone affinitys,,they really really suck on any amount of snow. I have to have a good biting tire for winter as me and the wife go into alot of backcountry roads for cross-country skiing and do alot of winter travling to various downhill places in the midwest. I know there are better snow tires ,,,,,but these are ok for budget minded people.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:41 PM

I'm getting 6 more inches tomm. Its my 3rd snow storm of this month. But this will be the most amount of snow I will be driving with so far with my HHR. I hope things go allright.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:34 AM

We just had 5" of snow over night, and thankfully I got my snow tires Mon. I had ZERO problems. Handled like a champ, very happy. Of course being born and raised in Montana I have had plenty of experience with driving in the snow. The first snow about the first mile it took a little adjustment with ABS brakes (you don't pump ABS) other than that I have had great results. I read in a previous post where some have had problems, I think a lot of it comes down to experience driving in the snow IMHO! I have 17" American Racing Coil Rims for my snow tires, best $$$$ I spent in awhile (compliments of H2Rman).

Fenris out!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:46 AM

Thumbs up Handles well in snow

Well, just took delivery of my Daytona Blue 2LT last night. We had between 4-6 inches of fresh snow yesterday. I certainly didn't have any noticable problems driving in the snow. More than I can say for the 6 or 8 cars and trucks in the ditch during the 15 mile stretch on the drive home. It is a 4 cyl and its not 4wd and as long as that is realized I can't see any foreseeable problems.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:48 AM

I'm suprised that you drove the new car home in the snow. Did Low trans come on while driving for you Iowa1960

Quick Reply: How do you think the HHR handles in the snow?