General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

How to turn off low beam lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:48 PM

How to turn off low beam lights

Hello, i noticed on a friend of mine 06 HHR when she starts the car and puts it in gear the low beam headlights go on during the day. We got into the on board computer and what should the light settings be set at? Thank for your help
Old 06-28-2007, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by larryv
Hello, i noticed on a friend of mine 06 HHR when she starts the car and puts it in gear the low beam headlights go on during the day. We got into the on board computer and what should the light settings be set at? Thank for your help
I would guess your friend has a 2007 model. What she is seing is the Driving Lights . The 2006 models had the turn sig lights come on instead. BTW why does she want to turn them off?????

The other option is that the car figures the lights should be on so it turns on the headlights. This is a standard thing, car figures its dark enough for lights and turns them on.. Thats why they call them Auto Lights
Old 06-28-2007, 09:26 PM

Its a 06 HHR and the only lights that used to come on where the front side amber lights but after being in for service we noticed this. We were thinking a service tech did something. Auto lights work fine but this is when its complete daylight. She just wants it back the way it was without making a trip back to the dealer. Thank you
Old 06-28-2007, 09:29 PM

Did the work involve reflashing the car or working on any of the computer systems?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 PM

Good Question! Just took it in for the AC grawl. When I see her again i will get into the onboard computer and check and see if the auto lights are on or off. Thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 07:56 PM

The low beam lights are off NOW! When I installed the 07 dimmer switch for the rear cargo light thats when it started. I unhooked the 1 wire that plugs into the gray wire that goes to the fusebox and WALA! the front lights went off and the amber ones stayed on. I hooked the wire back up and the headlights went back on. Now she just turns the signal light switch back when she starts the car and all front lights go off. Thanks.......
Old 07-09-2007, 08:04 PM

read your manual on the auto light feature, you can turn them on and off using the headlight on the turn signal also.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by larryv
The low beam lights are off NOW! When I installed the 07 dimmer switch for the rear cargo light thats when it started. I unhooked the 1 wire that plugs into the gray wire that goes to the fusebox and WALA! the front lights went off and the amber ones stayed on. I hooked the wire back up and the headlights went back on. Now she just turns the signal light switch back when she starts the car and all front lights go off. Thanks.......
Could you say this again slowly........

I'm getting ready to do the switch mod and would like to keep the ambers burning.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:11 PM

It sounds like a wire is crossed, I know you can turn the auto lights off with the switch on the wipers and also in the DIC, but never knew you could turn them off with the dimmer switch...

It sounds like something is not right...
Old 07-09-2007, 10:19 PM

Wheelie is a 2006 model, so when I move his shift lever, his turn signals come on.

That is probably 1 thing I will alter when I do my Wheelie The Incredible Cute Ute cartoon show, Have Whelie's turn signals go on another location, The reason is because my cartoon HHR is have blue pupils, the orange turn signal will get in the way of his *EYES*.

Quick Reply: How to turn off low beam lights