General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I am a Dumb a$$ by a triple play move

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 02:57 PM

I am a Dumb a$$ by a triple play move

D A Move # 1-Got into HHR to move out of driveway to put Impala in. Put key in ignition-doesn't turn-thought o'crap ignition broken-but no-finally realize Impala key in HHR.

D A Move # 2-Get keys from other pocket while still in HHR. Put key in ignition-doesn't turn-thought o'crap ignition broken-but no-after fiddling with the steering wheel & then the key release button-finally realize Cobalt key in HHR.

D A Move # 3-Couldn't find HHR keys & Had to go to store, changed shorts, grabbed extra set of HHR keys & put them on the table-phone rings-get off phone, got outside into HHR, put hand in pocket of shorts just put on-pull out HHR keys-use them-and then realize they were the original keys I was looking for and left the spare set on the table. DOH!

Thus making the triple play of stupidity.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM

Old 10-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor

doh!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:11 PM

Was moving the cars around for vacuuming and didn't realize all my sets were in active use... or even MIA!!!

I can't be the only one to have put the wrong key in?
Old 10-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Deceased

You have a way to go to catch me. About ten years ago now while living in snow country I slid into the driveway and rear ended one of my own cars. Now to make things even worse, the rear ended car then slid into and through the garage door. Nothing like trying to explain two crunched cars and one totaled garage door, all self inflicted, to the insurance adjuster. I can laugh about it now, but back then I wanted to crawl in a hole!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
I can't be the only one to have put the wrong key in?
One good reason to only own one car......
Old 10-11-2010, 04:01 PM

843de-You had witnesses I am sure, let alone the insurance adjuster. My little episode pales to yours, my wife doesn't know what I did to call me a dumb a$$, and no one knows but you guys!

Thanks to all of you I feel BRILLIANT!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
One good reason to only own one car......
I have that problem with gas stations....hard to remember which side the tank is on with all of the cars at our house!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I have that problem with gas stations....hard to remember which side the tank is on with all of the cars at our house!
Generally, Kid.....look at the fuel gage on the dash. Most GM's will have a little arrow pointing to the side with the fill.

Mostly in recent vehicles. But noticed it as correct on MOST older ones that have a fuel pump image with a hose. The hose indicates which side. Also if you remember which side the exhaust exits, the fill is GENERALLY on the opposite.

I understand your confusion. I have the same problem with owned, rented and leased vehicles. So I always try for a GM and the arrow.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:33 PM

If you can remember to take your short term memory pills in the morning, all would be just fine. The problem I have is that I can't remember where I put them and then #$%$#@#$*&(+ breaks loose.

See ya down the road
Bud-Harvey ( I think thats who I am, forgot again)

Quick Reply: I am a Dumb a$$ by a triple play move