General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I am a Dumb a$$ by a triple play move

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I have that problem with gas stations....hard to remember which side the tank is on with all of the cars at our house!
When I first got my HHR, I pulled into the gas station as if I was going to fill up my HHR on the left side. On my last car, the tank was on the left side, so I was just so used to filling it up on the left side. It felt unnatural to fill up on the right side. It probably took me 15 times just to get used to it. I know there were quite a few times that I pulled in, got out, and realized the tank was on the other side. People probably thought I was an idiot. Why can't it just be the same on all cars??
Old 10-11-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
D A Move # 1-Got into HHR to move out of driveway to put Impala in. Put key in ignition-doesn't turn-thought o'crap ignition broken-but no-finally realize Impala key in HHR.

D A Move # 2-Get keys from other pocket while still in HHR. Put key in ignition-doesn't turn-thought o'crap ignition broken-but no-after fiddling with the steering wheel & then the key release button-finally realize Cobalt key in HHR.

D A Move # 3-Couldn't find HHR keys & Had to go to store, changed shorts, grabbed extra set of HHR keys & put them on the table-phone rings-get off phone, got outside into HHR, put hand in pocket of shorts just put on-pull out HHR keys-use them-and then realize they were the original keys I was looking for and left the spare set on the table. DOH!

Thus making the triple play of stupidity.
Doesn't Chevy now use the same kind of key for nearly every one of their cars?? It's understandable how you could get mixed up. My last car was a Buick Regal, then when I got the HHR, it had the same type of key as my mom's Impala, and I have all of my keys on the same keychain. I had to take off the key to her Impala because I could never tell the difference between the keys...
Old 10-11-2010, 10:05 PM

I am used to driving my C20, it has dule tanks. So I am used to just pulling in to what ever pump is open. I have to remember to go the right side pump. I hate that SO much.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by goetylsd
Doesn't Chevy now use the same kind of key for nearly every one of their cars?? It's understandable how you could get mixed up. My last car was a Buick Regal, then when I got the HHR, it had the same type of key as my mom's Impala, and I have all of my keys on the same keychain. I had to take off the key to her Impala because I could never tell the difference between the keys...
Got a 2003 Impala (Father in Law had Stroke-gave us the car), Wifes 2005 Cobalt Sedan, 2009 HHR (MINE!)-all the same key blank.

When I'm in the Impala I always have to make the gas pump rotation because the gas fill is on the left and usually I am already out of the car-DOH!

My 85 Delta 88 RWD still had it behind the license plate. It really pissed people off because I always had to take the space of 2 pumps with the galactic land cruiser. Teenagers would stare and try and figure out where the gas was going.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
Got a 2003 Impala (Father in Law had Stroke-gave us the car), Wifes 2005 Cobalt Sedan, 2009 HHR (MINE!)-all the same key blank.

When I'm in the Impala I always have to make the gas pump rotation because the gas fill is on the left and usually I am already out of the car-DOH!

My 85 Delta 88 RWD still had it behind the license plate. It really pissed people off because I always had to take the space of 2 pumps with the galactic land cruiser. Teenagers would stare and try and figure out where the gas was going.

I used to have one of these when I was younger, one of the smoothest riding cars I have ever owned. Mine was dark green with a white landua top on it.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:20 PM

Not the same but I stood there laughing while my husband tried to but a 6 speed into reverse by going all the way right and down.... now if you think he was trying to put it into 6th gear so it obviously wasn't going to work.

He sat there for about 10 minutes fighting with it thinking that something broke and then I laughed and told him it wasn't the talon and he realized he was being an idiot.