General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I can not belive my BAD LUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 02:04 PM

I can not belive my BAD LUCK!

A week ago Saturday I went out to the garage, made up a bucket of car wash soap and started washing my car. Just like I do every week. Started at the top and worked my way down and around till I got to the passenger rear door, "Gasp" a dent!!! About as big around as a $.50 piece and 1/4" deep. Man was I P.O. I have only had the car 5 months. Already a "Dent" and it really shows up big time. I have had to look at it all week and it's driving me nuts.

Yesterday I'm driving down the freeway and a dump truck goes past me headed the other way. He hits a big pot hole and a huge clump of dirt clog comes out and hits the front of my car. I pull over at the next exit and and there is five dents in the hood and one in my left front fender. I can't believe it "7" dents in one week. I owned my last car six years and only got 3 dings in ti the whole time. Gees what a week!

I have a buddy who works for Dent Wizard and I am going over to his place later today. I hope he can get some of these out. I can't bear to look at them.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:45 PM

Probably a great buddy to have!

Here's to hoping next week goes better for you!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:08 PM

I feel your pain. First dent in less than a week. Second (big and ugly) in less than 2 weeks.

$20 for a pops-a-dent kit and both became very less noticable.

This dent guy will likely be able to work wonders. Have a beer on me. (just send the tab to your wife).
Old 09-28-2008, 08:50 PM

I feel ya. Had my Car 2 Days. Drove down to Indy got a nice Rock in the Hood thanks to 80/94 construction.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:16 PM

Thanks for the support guys. My Dent Wizard guy came through for me with flying colors. You wouldn't even know the dents were there. Took him about 40 minutes total, door took 20 min. and the rest for the hood and fender.

I mentioned to him we all think the HHR panels are thin and he says almost all cars have thin metal now days. Trying to save weight.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:53 PM

I can relate to recent bad HHR luck. I purchased my HHR in July and hit a deer in August. It was out of commission for 3 weeks while a fender came from the U.S. (keep in mind I live in Canada). Then I get my HHR back last week just long enough to get a stone in the windshield. I won't even tell you about the suicide duck that hit my significant other's Alero while my HHR was in the shop.
So yes, bad things can happen to good people. And good vehicles. LOL
Old 09-30-2008, 09:14 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news Good luck with your dent wizard
Old 09-30-2008, 09:32 PM

And then people wonder why you tell them "you'd appreciate it if they didn't lean on your vehicle"! They don't build'em like they used to!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:04 PM

Sorry to hear that from anyone about their HHR. Put check for a local dent remover in your area and make sure he is a good one. I recieve my HHR with dents in the fender and hood but and took it to my mobil dent guy and there is no way you tell there was a dent on the hhod or fender. Good luck and I hope that it will work out for you as it did for me.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:27 PM

Ditto!!! I have a Gentlemen here in the South Bay that deffinitely knows his Dent Removale process! On the other hand I have seen some work that although it is probably better than before, you can still tell that there was a dent there before! My guy does work for a High End Detail Shop! Get refurals first! Good Luck!!!

Quick Reply: I can not belive my BAD LUCK!