General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I knew this was going to happen...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:49 AM

I knew this was going to happen...

Purchased the car about a week and a 1/2 ago. The first week I noticed the front passenger window is slow when closing compared to the other three windows. Last night on my way home from work I decided to open the passenger side window to get some air. Window seemed to close slower than usual. I closed and opened the window a couple more times and viola...it stopped working!

On my way to the dealer today to have them look at it. Hope they dont need to order "special parts" for this problem.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:52 AM

Well, I wouldn't worry about it at all. It's under warranty and it'll get fixed. Relax.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:01 AM

I'm not sweating it. I havent heard anyone else report a busted window motor so I must have just been lucky enough to get a car with the busted motor. I would just hate to have the car spend more than a day in the dealer shop (have mods coming in via UPS that I would like to install this weekend...lol).
Old 05-11-2006, 10:04 AM

What mods are you doing?
Old 05-11-2006, 10:32 AM

Did you reseat those doggoned fuses, I haven't experienced any problems, btu finally decided to check mine and sure enough every fuse and relay in the box were loose. I called my service guy at the dealership today and gave him a heads up to add checking the fuses to their predelivery check and to notify Chevy that this problem is so widespread...Good luck with the window issue and let us know what you find...please.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:28 PM

getting the imco muffler this friday and hopefully getting it installed. Getting rims for the car this saturday and will need my ride to get the rims measured properly (offset). Getting add-on volume control on the steering wheel for the radio this friday and want to install on saturday. Also getting clear 4" driving lights installed on saturday as well.

I checked the fuses twice now, once when I first read about it here (a week ago) and also a couple of night ago. I'm pretty sure its not the fuses. That window didnt quiet work the same as the other three. I noticed that the first night I took the car home. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:09 PM

the dealer said the window motor was overheating. They had to order the part and will replace it next week.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:36 PM

Smile

[QUOTE=HHR PNOY]getting the imco muffler this friday and hopefully getting it installed. Getting rims for the car this saturday and will need my ride to get the rims measured properly (offset). Getting add-on volume control on the steering wheel for the radio this friday and want to install on saturday. Also getting clear 4" driving lights installed on saturday as well.

I would like more info on the 4" driving lights please..

Thanks,
Julian Wolfe
Old 05-15-2006, 02:09 PM

here's the link for the lights.

http://www.autoanything.com/lights/69A1333A0A0.aspx
Old 05-15-2006, 02:13 PM

Those are the same lights I was thinking of getting. They are sharp with the halo ring around the outside edge... IMO of course..

CBL

Quick Reply: I knew this was going to happen...