General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

i need some help i dont kno what to do...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 07:26 PM

i need some help i dont kno what to do...

I'm 22 years old from queens ny... i work as an electrician and iv been at this company for about 2 1/2 years... iv worked my way up to 28$ an hour, and thats good for someone my age because i live on my own and i just purchased an HHR fully loaded about 6 months ago... at this point i havnt been payed for four weeks and its going on 5.. and i think its safe to say my boss is pulling something. because im not the only one that hasnt been payed and hes allways disappearing n buying things... i think my best bet is to go on unemployment n find a new job.. but sad to say i dont think i can afford the hhr payment and insurance.. im already back a month payment n the second one is almost here... how do i get rid of the car? by the way its financed.. anyone ever been threw this before?
Old 06-18-2006, 07:56 PM

That's really a bad deal you're going through. What I would do is to call the bank and explain to them what is happening. Since you've been paying on it for a while, I'm sure they would probably be willing to work with you and maybe add the payments on to the end of the loan. The sooner you contact them...the more likely they may be to work with you. In the meantime, hopefully another job will come along that will keep you afloat. Good luck!!!

Also, if you're a union electrician, I would contact the union reps and let them know what's going on. They may be able to help you as well.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:57 PM

You can fill something for unpaid wages. Were the state forces him to pay in small claims court. Were you paid on the books or off the books?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lefty613
I'm 22 years old from queens ny... i work as an electrician and iv been at this company for about 2 1/2 years... iv worked my way up to 28$ an hour, and thats good for someone my age because i live on my own and i just purchased an HHR fully loaded about 6 months ago... at this point i havnt been payed for four weeks and its going on 5.. and i think its safe to say my boss is pulling something. because im not the only one that hasnt been payed and hes allways disappearing n buying things... i think my best bet is to go on unemployment n find a new job.. but sad to say i dont think i can afford the hhr payment and insurance.. im already back a month payment n the second one is almost here... how do i get rid of the car? by the way its financed.. anyone ever been threw this before?
The first thing I would do is call the people you have your car financed with and try to get an extension. Sometimes they will put the payment at the end of the loan. Second, If you can make a parcial payment and they will except it, do so. As far as your job goes, Try to find something right away even if it is part time. The most any company will let you get in arears is three months and then they will repo the car. If that happens you will have to pay towing, storage and the loan and have no car. The main thing is to be upfront and honest with your situation. I will pray for you that these things work out for your good.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:07 PM

You've already got some good suggestions and they're good ones. By all means contact your financial institute ASAP and explain to them what's happening. If they're salt they'll bend over backwards to help you. It doesn't do you or them to go into a repo situation. Many companies will work with you on a monthly interest only payment for a period of time. Yeah, this will extend your loan and even cost you more $$$ in the long run, but it will save the bank a ton of hassles and save your good credit to boot. Plus you'll still have a good chance of keeping your HHR so you WILL be able to get back and forth to your new job, or your old one if things take a turn for the better. Good luck -Dan
Old 06-19-2006, 12:02 AM

well no im not a union worker its so hard to get into locol 3.. ill call GMAC up tomorrow n let them know whats going on. i mean i could allways ask my mother for the money but its jus sad i guess cus even if i do find a job id have to start from the bottom up again n its hard u kno when u have to pay rent first cus u need a place to live... and iv never been late before and i befor the HHR i had a jeep cherokee threw GMAC and i payed that off in 3 years no late payments.. i hope t hey will help
Old 06-19-2006, 06:51 AM

Sounds like it's time to confront the Boss/Owner about not getting paid...Depending on their attitude and answers, this could be a civil conversation or a violent one.....Good luck
Old 06-19-2006, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lefty613
Well, by the sounds of it you are not in the IBEW. I would go to Local #3 and inquire about the apprenticeship program. I don't want to turn this into a Union vs. Non-Union thread. Sounds like you have gained some good experience, so the apprenticeship is good for 2 to 3 years of work, plus once you become a journeyman, you can sign the books at any local to get work. Just a suggestion, it offers security against Contractors who pull this kind of crap, plus ensures a decent wage befitting of your skills. Also, if you are single, and still young, it's a great way to see the country and get paid a fair wage. Just my .02....
Old 06-19-2006, 08:56 AM

Luckily you are an electrician, as normally electricians are in demand anywhere. If your employer is not going to pay you, why continue working?

As a quick fix, you might want to register with a temporary service that caters to construction trade, or run a small classified ad to do electrical work. Another option in the classified sections of most newspapers is a "Situations Wanted" section. Very few advertise in that section, but we once got one of the best secretaries ever by answering her ad. She said her husband didn't want her to run the ad, but she was desperate for work and there were no job openings at that time (around 1980).

If you are going to continue to work (only if yor are going to get paid), I would certainly start trying to locate a part-time evening job to help with your payments and sometimes part-time jobs turn into full-time jobs. Sometimes small manufacturing plants need someone to do electrical maintenance and that could be an area to explore. I would call on a few of them to see if any interest.

When you do this, be sure you are clean-cut and dressed properly, as first impression makes a huge difference to the employer - I was an employer for many years and interviewed and hired many good employees. Once I had a nice young fellow come in for an interview for a job in the parts department and he wore a nice clean white shirt and clean jeans. He shaved and his hair was neatly groomed. I could see the holes in his ear lobes where he wore ear rings, but was impressed with the fact that he didn't wear them for the job interview. Later he did wear ear rings (conservative type) and no problem, but I always remarked about this. He was one of our better employees for a couple of years and would have eventually been promoted to manager of our parts department. Then one day, his grandmother died and left him a house and a lot of money and he quit, but gave us the proper 2-3 week notice. A true gentleman and the reason for this story is to guide you on how to present yourself when looking for a job, if not already in tune with this important advice. Good luck and hope things work out for you.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:14 AM

thanks for the info.. i have 2 uncles that are in the union and i know its the place to be but its hard to get in and they have also tried getting me in. i would confront my boss but its difficult because hes always on vacation and never answers his phone. i asked my mother for 500$ for the mean time and that got my bill payed but im worried if ill be able to keep the car in the future.. living in new york is far from cheep.. and shes a good car id hate to lose her

Quick Reply: i need some help i dont kno what to do...