General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I rear ended this guy with my HHR :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:09 PM

Other guys car Wasnt damaged. We didnt call cops to scene.
And we havent gone to the body shop yet.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jayvong
Other guys car Wasnt damaged. We didnt call cops to scene.
And we havent gone to the body shop yet.
Perfect fix it your self that must have been the most popular color HHR in Florida for 06.Your insurace will not go up if they don`t pay for it,if it`s just the hood and bumper that is a 2-3 hour max repair with basic tools and a helper.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:25 PM

how would I fix the hole in the bumper?
So If I fix the dent I would have to take it to a body shop to respray the color..
Old 02-20-2009, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jayvong
how would I fix the hole in the bumper?
So If I fix the dent I would have to take it to a body shop to respray the color..
It will be cheaper to put on a used one in your color a body shop will run you at least $250.00 and up to patch and respay your cover.Up hear a used cover is $50-$150.

Make some calls to the wreckers they have a hotline that links them to hundreds of other yards make sure you tell them you want it in the right color that`s the key to a cheap repair.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:01 PM

I told my grandma to do that. She was like Nahh.
She wants to take it to like a fancy body shop and junk.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:13 AM

In my opinion, this is HORRIBLE advice..You are not driving a 2000,your driving virtually a new car with it being a 2006.

A person carries insurance for reasons like this---accidents...Your insurance should not raise one cent if your driving history is decent and you make a claim..Besides, you dont have the experience that a trained eye from a bump/paint shop has that will/may notice issues from the accident that your untrained eye NEVER even knows of..There are sensors in the front end of most vehicles, how do YOU know you have'nt done damamge in this department. The front bumper will have to come OFF to correctly repair the front bumper cover.There are crash sensors behind this..If you dont know what your doing [ you obviously dont ] than let the person with the experience from a body shop put grandma's HHR back to specs.Looks to me from the pictures that there's also a real good chance that the right front fender will have some type of damage too.

These newer cars are nothing to mess with if you dont know what your doing.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:19 AM
jx3

Looking at about $2,500 to repair. How do I know?...............

Old 02-21-2009, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by TopWop
In my opinion, this is HORRIBLE advice..You are not driving a 2000,your driving virtually a new car with it being a 2006.

A person carries insurance for reasons like this---accidents...Your insurance should not raise one cent if your driving history is decent and you make a claim..Besides, you dont have the experience that a trained eye from a bump/paint shop has that will/may notice issues from the accident that your untrained eye NEVER even knows of..There are sensors in the front end of most vehicles, how do YOU know you have'nt done damamge in this department. The front bumper will have to come OFF to correctly repair the front bumper cover.There are crash sensors behind this..If you dont know what your doing [ you obviously dont ] than let the person with the experience from a body shop put grandma's HHR back to specs.Looks to me from the pictures that there's also a real good chance that the right front fender will have some type of damage too.

These newer cars are nothing to mess with if you dont know what your doing.
Ya your right.. Its my grandmas first time in a car crash. But we told the insurance company that she wasn't driving. We will probably take it to a body shop today, If my grandma has time.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:21 AM

A little education. In the future, if the cops are not involved, and the other driver has no claim, you tell the insurance someone must have backed into you in a parking lot, then they file it as a "uninsured" or "underinsured" motorist and it does not effect your driving record a bit. Basically they file it as a hit-and -run.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by tireman1554
A little education. In the future, if the cops are not involved, and the other driver has no claim, you tell the insurance someone must have backed into you in a parking lot, then they file it as a "uninsured" or "underinsured" motorist and it does not effect your driving record a bit. Basically they file it as a hit-and -run.

An education on criminal activity...

That's one of the reasons our insurance rates are so high...

Really bad advice...

Quick Reply: I rear ended this guy with my HHR :(