General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I see so many HHR's now!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:04 AM

Yeppers, I see a lot more now. More parked in our parking garage at work. More on the road. More at the grocery store. Did I mention more on the road too? I hope the HHRs overtake that Pretty Terrible (that's what PT stands right?) PT Chrysler Retro looking Piece of poop. I still see too many of those.

Whenever I see another HHR in a parking lot, I try and park right next to it. Many times I end up meeting the other HHR owner.

I love my HHR.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Danko
Yeah, but how many AA5s and Panels have you seen? The '09 SS AA5 is going to be "the next big thing"!!!!! I want one but need a 6 speed, not a five speed......... I also need a 6.2 under that hood! Sorry, but I have two "Viper trucks" and am spoiled by 8.3 liters. It just seems wrong to pay extra to go from 2.2 liters to 2.0.
Danko......ya better watch out one of these HHR/SS 5 Speed might blow you doors........While your trying to get that lead sled moving.........I had A Ram SRT Viper Pickup....and traded it for a SSR.....WW
Old 07-05-2008, 11:10 AM

Same here.only saw a couple around the area when I first got the woody..after the SS it exploded! Local dealer can't keep em on the lot ( and the Pick-ups are piling up ) . They are even advertising them ( finally ) on TV!Its a cult I tell ya!!
Old 07-05-2008, 02:26 PM

Panels:4
AA5: 1
SS:2
The rest:countless!!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Li'l Hearse
Watch that 40+ thing
Yeah...I'm not even 30 yet (pretty durn close, though). LOL
Old 07-06-2008, 01:39 AM

When I bought mine, I had the only Sport Red Metalic in town and my area, recently I have seen at least three on the road here. Only differance, I have the window vents, my spoiler and running boards are black, and have teal flames on mine.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:22 AM

Whitewolf, What are you smoking? I have two SRT10s waiting here for ANY HHR!!!!!! I got Momma an HHR for a great price and a good reason, but to suggest you can beat my trucks is just plain STUPID!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rcflyboy
Also every HHR I have seen an older person drives it. Like 40 plus.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

I've had mine a little over a month now and have seen very few. I know the dealers in my area had very few of them when I was looking. Maybe that's part of the reason. Or maybe I'm just enjoying mine so much that I'm oblivious to what's going on around me!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rcflyboy
It is strange here in Columbus I see 4 or 5 a day on the North side of the city. However, I have yet to see one on the South side of town. Also every HHR I have seen an older person drives it. Like 40 plus.
So this makes you (look) old too!

Bought my Blackie for my 46th b-day last year.

I do see other ones around town--all ages of folks driving them. I see the motherload of HHR's on PCH when I drive to Long Beach from OC. But they are usually rentals.

I look for some kind of personalization to know it is "their" car...

So, while I do see the occasional black one like mine, NONE of them so far (other then those in SoCal HHR's) have even half the goodies I have and they almost always slow down to check out my Blackie!
Old 07-06-2008, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
So this makes you (look) old too!

Bought my Blackie for my 46th b-day last year.

I do see other ones around town--all ages of folks driving them. I see the motherload of HHR's on PCH when I drive to Long Beach from OC. But they are usually rentals.

I look for some kind of personalization to know it is "their" car...

So, while I do see the occasional black one like mine, NONE of them so far (other then those in SoCal HHR's) have even half the goodies I have and they almost always slow down to check out my Blackie!

Interesting!
I got my HHR when I was 46 as well. Actually I still have 3 months until I am 47!

I am slowly personalizing mine as well, but I refuse to give up my 'tail'...