General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I think I got transmission problems (auto trans)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
So they adjusted the brake switch?
I added three millimeters of free play.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:25 AM

Mine is doing something similar as well, sporadically at a light the car will actually feel like it is mising or stumbling and it feels like it wants to creep forward while my foot is on the brake, I can actually feel it through the brake pedal. Could this be that ground issue as well, my car pulls away from lights very sluggishly, I have replaced the air flter and put new iridium plugs in it, this seems to have helped some, as it is not happening quite as frequently, but still having the sluggish acceleration issue....unfortunately my warranty is up....so taking it in to the dealer would be a last resort for me.....can someone tell me more of a specific location of this ground.....which side of the car it is on, etc....

Also....My car is the 2.2L not the 2.4L....I got under the car and looked for something that I thought might be theis groundwire....but really didn't see anything....can anyone help me out with this?

Thanx...Anita

Last edited by krooozn; 07-20-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:18 PM

I never had anything that felt like a misfire or stumble, just some vibration, maybe resonation is a better term.

The ground ChevyMgr posted the diagram of is in front area of engine bay you have to get to it from above with hood up, its on right side of engine.

Take your car by an Autozone or Advance Auto Parts store, they will connect a code scanner and check for any DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) stored in the computer memory. That should be your first step. They don't charge for it, its a free service.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:38 PM

Cool

I hate to sound so very dumb about this thing, but I have no idea just what it is I am looking for under the hood and where it might be located on the rightside of the engine. Can anyone give me a detailed explanation as to what this ground screw looks like and where it is, something close to it that I can identify.....a digital picture would be great....I looked at the diagram that was postd here....and it looks like pig-latin to me.....but I would like to give this ground issue a try and see if it helps my problem....so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanx...Anita
Old 07-20-2008, 08:59 PM

Any excuse to use my new Canon SX100IS camera is a good excuse, so...

krooozn, center of picture you'll see a bolt pointing down that is coming off the large metal piece (topside of transaxle, actually...)with the "14" upside down embossed on it. That is the ground bolt. It should have two leads grounded to it. It should be good and tight.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:01 AM

Talking

Fantastic Lone Ranger....! Just what I needed to see.....I have printed your picture and tonight when I get home, I'm going to try to locate this screw and check the connection, if it is tight I may just take it off anyway, and clean everything.....can't hurt I wouldn't think....will post back here and let you know if this solves my problem with the sporadic stumbling and the sluggish acceleration....I sure hope so because the acceleration thing really bothers me.....

Thanx agian for taking the time to hook me up like that!

Anita