General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I wonder...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 09:44 AM

The unions have taken concessions to put them at or close to toyota workers. Has nobody done any research on this?
As far as the video is concerned, the Oshawa plants have been doing this style of outsource and inplant work for ages. Did it save jobs? "no". The major problem has occurred as the governments have not addressed the issue of trade barriers with Japan,China and other importing regions. These offshore countries bring in their products for excessively less than what our countries do to their country. That has got to stop if North America is going to have any chance of survival of decent paying jobs that all of us need to raise our families. We don't need our children living in the poverty state that other countries live in in the future. Free trade has decimated North America and we can't compete with poverty encased countries. I hope Obama has some kind of structural plan to meet this issue head on. Charge other countries what they charge us to import their products. Period. The G8 is a bunch of rich money grubbing wolves feeding on the sheep.
Sorry, End of rant.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
The unions have taken concessions to put them at or close to toyota workers. Has nobody done any research on this?
As far as the video is concerned, the Oshawa plants have been doing this style of outsource and inplant work for ages. Did it save jobs? "no". The major problem has occurred as the governments have not addressed the issue of trade barriers with Japan,China and other importing regions. These offshore countries bring in their products for excessively less than what our countries do to their country. That has got to stop if North America is going to have any chance of survival of decent paying jobs that all of us need to raise our families. We don't need our children living in the poverty state that other countries live in in the future. Free trade has decimated North America and we can't compete with poverty encased countries. I hope Obama has some kind of structural plan to meet this issue head on. Charge other countries what they charge us to import their products. Period. The G8 is a bunch of rich money grubbing wolves feeding on the sheep.
Sorry, End of rant.
Okay...but tell us how you REALLY feel!!
Old 11-28-2008, 09:57 PM

I feel like...