General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

If you ordered don't expect it anytime soon...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 08:23 PM

I did the no wait, no hassle purchase, just pointed to the car on the Lot that I wanted and drove it out the same day. I guess I got lucky for getting all of the options that I wanted
Old 12-01-2005, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Hmmmm...a boat ride to Arizona - that's a new one!

I'm in SoCal, and my HHR came in on a truck (from Mexico).

Hang in there...it'll show!
Boat ride to LA then train ride from LA to Arizona, then truck ride from the train yard to the dealer.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:49 PM

Any further word on the delivery of your new HHR?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:53 PM

What's the status of your order?
Old 12-06-2005, 10:47 PM

Yeah- let's keep this thread going. Mine's allegedly in a Mexican rail yard, and I'd like to hear if anyone's had any decent luck with a recent order getting to the dealer in a timely manner.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:01 AM

Latest info is this. Due to the rail car shortage in the area they are being sent by ship. Mine is supposedly at the shipping yards in Mexico. The ship is due in National City, just south of San Diego on 12/12, but as of yesterday had not departed Mexico because it wasn't full. Once unloaded in National City they are trucked directly to the delivering dealer, once mine hits the boat it should theoretically get to me in approx. 12 days. Now here is the latest snag, they're are supposedly about 1000 vehicles already in National City waiting to be trucked out, so I don't know if those all have to go before they begin sendings out the new arrivals, of which my HHR should be. If I can drive over there and get it myself I'm going to.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:46 AM

What is the source of this info?

Likely, the backups on delivery will also be caused by the truckers putting GM low on the priority list because of GM's reluctance to compensate on fuel costs.

I also wonder what the "gameplan" is for east coast deliveries? Mine is scheduled to be built next week. I wonder if it will get delivered in '06 at the rate things are going?

I am close to cancelling the order and letting GM's "Revolution" go on without me. I have little confidence in the company these days, in spite of the HHR being a neat (car, truck, suv, compact crossover, or whatever they want to call it).
Old 12-07-2005, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by JoeR
What is the source of this info?
Direct from GM Business Center. I guess there have been articles about all the delays in the Wall Street Journal and several other big papers in recent weeks.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:23 PM

I guess I looked in all the wrong places during lunch. Cannot find anything re: news on this issue nor GM Business Center.

Do you have any links or article copies that could help some of us keep up to date?

From your sources, what are the delay times currently?

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by JoeR
I guess I looked in all the wrong places during lunch. Cannot find anything re: news on this issue nor GM Business Center.

Do you have any links or article copies that could help some of us keep up to date?

From your sources, what are the delay times currently?

Thanks!
Have to know someone higher up at a dealer to get the number at for the Business Center, I don't have I was just sittign there while we called them. I have worked at the dealer for almost 7 years now so they are trying to help me out as much as possible. They honestly didn't even give me an ETA, like I said 12 days supposedly from when the ship leaves, but thats if there is no delay getting them on trucks to ship across the country.

Quick Reply: If you ordered don't expect it anytime soon...