General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I'm New but got a gripe

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:02 AM

I'm New but got a gripe

hello all! I'm new to the site. We actually own 2 cavalier show cars show I'm familar with the j body site, but just found this site. Anyways we've got an 06 HHR, Burgandy, LT1.

So far I am very pleased. We bought it for an everyday driver, because the cars are so modified. I love the ride, the comfort, and the gas mileage. we will have had it a year next month. WE're looking to trade up to one with leather soon.

My gripe is this. When we bought it from a dealership in Arab, Al. it had stains in the carpet. The salemans agreed to have them removed. He did that. But within 2 weeks, where the stains were removed they had turned to bleached out yellow places. I was told to bring it in any time at my convenence and they would fix it. We picked it up from being it the shop for numerous other reasons yesterday, and they had SPRAYPAINTED our carpet. Not to mention they got it all over the interior panels. Now I'm ticked off.

What kind of morron spray paints carpet. We trusted the dealership to repair it correctly. I also have a scratch in my hood now, thats down to the metal.

There gonna order new carpet, but it took a fight to get them to do that.
Which means now double the gas money to get this thing to them, more inconvenience, and for them to give me some crappy beater to drive thats been smoked it so much I can't stay in the car. I'm thinking of complaining to Chevy . Also, I don't think I want it going back for repair at this dealership.

Overall, the HHR has been great ,but this dealership is a bunch of idiots.

What would ya'll do?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:09 AM

I would complain to Chevrolet and the BBB. Ideally Joe would take care of you but if he can't/won't then you don't have much of on option. By the way, I don't know which side of town you live on but my dad has always had good things to say about Hembree in Guntersville.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:10 AM

1. File a complaint in writing with the Service Manager

2. File a complaint in writing to the Owner of the dealership

3. File a complaint with General Motors

Times are tough, cars aren't moving, they don't want complaints. They did a crappy job, you want new carpeting, and you want either everything else cleaned properly or you want it replaced.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:33 AM

That is the same dealership that I bought mine from... now I'm concerned about what I might find hidden under my floor mats...
Old 08-31-2006, 10:41 AM

to ChevyHHR.net...your one stop shop for anything HHR.

I'm with the others on this one. I would start filing complaints from the bottom person on the food chain and work my way up. This is a brand new car and is totally unacceptable. If all else fails, I would file a complaint with the BBB and let them handle things for you.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by El_Guapo
That is the same dealership that I bought mine from... now I'm concerned about what I might find hidden under my floor mats...
I have no idea what might be under your floor mats, but I would not take that ride to have them find out...go someplace closer.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:53 AM

Thanks ya'll. They have the carpet ordered . But I absolutely am not taking it back to them for replacment. I also found a scratch on my hood thats down to the metal. I know there gonna fight me on that one as well. But I washed it the morning before we took it for warranty, and it wasn't there. I'm beginning to despise these people.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:11 PM

When we bought it from a dealership in Arab, Al.

Wow, you don't hear about Arab, AL very much. Last time I heard that neame was in Henry Cho's stand-up! Good luck with your situation!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by boospinkleer
What kind of morron spray paints carpet. We trusted the dealership to repair it correctly. I also have a scratch in my hood now, thats down to the metal.

Overall, the HHR has been great ,but this dealership is a bunch of idiots.

What would ya'll do?
Well first off there is NO cure for STUPID. Take it to a dealer that wants your business. They spray painted the carpet? They are not idiots, morons maybe or just clueless in general but either way they don't need to be working in this industry. I would file written complaints with the Service Manager, Regional Manager, GM Corporate, and the BBB and anyone else that would take them. If that did not get a good response I would talk to the local News and Papers and see if they needed something a little different to stimulate circulation. Oh and all the other things mentioned here but last and most importantly, Find a dealer that wants your business and had qualified techs working , not monkeys!
Old 08-31-2006, 06:02 PM

When you lodge your complaint, don't send a letter to the owner. Owners typically have more on their hands than they know what to do with. Send it to a service manager or a General Manager. CSI is also very important. If a sales manager gets wind that service might have caused something that would damage a sale, they will be all over it.

Quick Reply: I'm New but got a gripe