General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I'm New but got a gripe

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:57 AM
max

re; help

I dont know if there are any organizations in your area, but there is a organization that works with local tv station to resolve consumer complaints. I havn't used their services but the local tv station will start a mediation between the parties involved. One thing that is nice about the mediation it gets someone who was put in a training and then has your case to follow up on, to call the business and have the backing of the media to air the complaint to the public should the problem not be resolved. there have been some complaints that do eventually get discussed on the local tv news, so if a business owner does not want the problems public then mediation works wonders.
here is a link

http://www.callforaction.org/

Good luck
best wishes
max
Old 09-11-2006, 11:18 AM

well, got an update... I filed my complaint with Chevy, they did an investigation. They offered me a years worth of tire rotation and oil changes in place of my carpet. I don't think so. They closed the complaint as "DISSATISFIED". I spoke withthe owner of the dealership. We madfe arrangements to have it repaired at another dealership ,since I wasn't gonna take it back to the idiots that did it in the first place. Now they have to replace all the interior panels that have paint on them, and the carpet. And repair the other things the other dealership started and didn't fix. And fix the dent they knocked in our hood. Which the whole hood has to be repainted they said if I want it to match. We own (4) chevy vehicles, and I'm now displeased . I'll never buy another Chevy after this. Now my 06 that has 13,000 miles has to have the interior gutted and replaced because of someones stupidity. I'm sure after the fact it will rattle, because they never go back together as tight. Now after its fixed, it will probably be traded in.

Don't you love idiots???
Old 09-11-2006, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by boospinkleer
We own (4) chevy vehicles, and I'm now displeased . I'll never buy another Chevy after this.

Don't you love idiots???
Don't blame the brand because of a bad dealer. Relax and see what this new dealer does for you...judge the job when it is done. You may be surprised.

Best of luck!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:29 AM

WE'VE had problems with our other chevys as well. Ever seen the recall list for Cavalier?

I hope this new dealer is great, but I just got to wait and see. Main thing I really don't want my vehicle torn apart.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by boospinkleer
well, got an update... I filed my complaint with Chevy, they did an investigation. They offered me a years worth of tire rotation and oil changes in place of my carpet. I don't think so. They closed the complaint as "DISSATISFIED". I spoke withthe owner of the dealership. We madfe arrangements to have it repaired at another dealership ,since I wasn't gonna take it back to the idiots that did it in the first place. Now they have to replace all the interior panels that have paint on them, and the carpet. And repair the other things the other dealership started and didn't fix. And fix the dent they knocked in our hood. Which the whole hood has to be repainted they said if I want it to match. We own (4) chevy vehicles, and I'm now displeased . I'll never buy another Chevy after this. Now my 06 that has 13,000 miles has to have the interior gutted and replaced because of someones stupidity. I'm sure after the fact it will rattle, because they never go back together as tight. Now after its fixed, it will probably be traded in.

Don't you love idiots???
Dont judge your car by the morons who messed it up. Give the new dealer a chance to right the wrong, who knows maybe he has real tech's working for him, I hope so as I hate to see you go off mad because of this. My dealer took out my pannels and removed my carpet put it back together and all is fine.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:10 PM

Please give the new dealership a chance to make all this right. I'm sure since you're got so many Chevrolets, they will want to make sure you are satisfied. Let them take care of things and make things right, as it sounds as if they are well on their way. Don't let that idiot dealership keep you from trusting others. Please let us know how it all turns out.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:57 PM

update

well i took it in to another dealership.. they did replace the carpet, put my interior pieces they painted are still on order, BUT while it was at that dealer ship while it was sitting in the parking lot waiting on parts to arrive the service manager told me the technician when out to get it a few days after it had rained and the cab was full of water. They say the cabin air filter had clogged up forcing the trapped water to have nowwhere to go but inside, So now I can says its been submerged. Just my luck. Well, I also still have spray paint eeverywhere, on my panels they have ordered and on my seat rails.

They had also stained the headliner and marked it up, and then the dealership fixing the problem left greasy fingerprints all over the headliner as well.

They touched up the scratch in the hood, but the paint didn't stay , Now the hoods gotta be painted.

THEY HAVE DESTROYED MY HHR!!!!!

The service manager told me no matter what they did to fix it, it would have a record especially of the paintwork, which would depreciate my vehicle.

Besides that now the stupid thing skips, has a rough idle, and has went dead twice. They have checked on it, don't know what it is cause it will nmot throw a code. Anyone else having this problem??

Now its time to look at getting rid of this piece of junk... I think I'll totally step away from Chevy this time, after being treated this way by the dealerships.

On the headliner, there gonna see hwat they can do. But, by God they are going to fix it. Or I'm gonna have a come apart on someone. It's been long enough. Not to mention, every time it goes back something else gets screwed up. It took the service manager 2 weeks after I picked it up from the carpet being replaced to tell be about it filling up with water in the floorboard.

That really ticks me off. If it was her vehicle she would have wanted to know.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:48 PM

That sounds like carelessness to me. You got the short end of the stick by far. Now, your treatment had nothing to do with Chevrolet. You're just as apt to running into those issues anywhere else. I've encountered this problem so many times. I see just as many customers who owned Dodge and Ford that come to us as do customers who leave Chevy for the same reasons. In this industry, customer satisfaction NEEDS to be a 10 to retain clientel. Unfortunately, slight mixups (or in your case, big ones) cost us business. Just don't discount a model entirely because of bad fortune. There are great dealerships out there with staff willing to bend over backwards for your satisfaction. Think of it this way- just TWO people (maybe a few more) are making you discount hundreds of thousands backing a global company with millions of satisfied customers.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:56 AM

Sounds like time to find a good lawyer. You had a great vehicle and this dealer destroyed it. I wouldn't settle for any less then a brand new replacement.