General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

inches between wheel wells

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 03:37 PM

inches between wheel wells

could some one tell me how many inches between wheel wells and from lift gate to back of front seats. Thanks inadvance.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member

With a "tag" like that, I can't refuse.

Be more specific, if it's really important and I'll measure it out for you.

For example, front of exposed front fender edge to front of exposed rear fender edge..........or wheelbase, or ????. Bottom of lift gate door, center, flat across floor to rear of drivers bottom seat cushion (with seat all the way forward). And, what kind of accuracy do you need...to the 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, whatever?????

If you just need a "ball park", then let me know that.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:08 PM

inside of cargo area between left and right wheels and flat on the floor, same thing back of cargo area to back of front seats with seat adjustment in middle.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by yeshua63043
Not to be an a$$ or anything but don't ya own a tape measure?

I'm guessing he does not own THIS fine piece of Chev. Engineering yet !!!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I'm guessing he does not own THIS fine piece of Chev. Engineering yet !!!
You're absolutely right Snoopy. Checked other posts made and sure enough...not an owner YET....with key word being yet.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Platinum Member

O'k...

42 inches wide side panel to side panel (not counting little outward projections for the floor panel).

64 inches long from middle of closed lift gate to a point touching the rear of the drivers seat.

If it matters the lift gate opening is smaller in width that the width of the floor....if I remember correctly, something like 38 inches.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
You're absolutely right Snoopy. Checked other posts made and sure enough...not an owner YET....with key word being yet.
Thanks, Deb....
I was going to check that next....after giving the measurements.

Glad to help anyone wishing to buy an HHR.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:56 PM

That right not YET thats why I need the measurements to see if my ice fishing sled will fit in. I have to make sure it will fit my needs because it will be my daily driver, for work, play, fishing etc.
I've have a love affair with panel trucks, surburbans, etc. for years and never felt this way about a car or truck or whatever with the good gas mileage as I do with the HHR. I would be giving up my truck that has lots of room that why I'm so concerned. I don't what to be sorry if it doesen't meet my needs.
Thanks for the reply. And I'm sorry if I offended anybody due to the fact that I don't own one Yet. Thats why I'm on here is learn as much about then as I can. No hard feelings I hope. Snoopy, your say your retired, congradulations. I'll be retiring in 5 years and as you know if someone wants to retire early they have to buy smart.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by fishbreath
That right not YET thats why I need the measurements to see if my ice fishing sled will fit in. I have to make sure it will fit my needs because it will be my daily driver, for work, play, fishing etc.
I've have a love affair with panel trucks, surburbans, etc. for years and never felt this way about a car or truck or whatever with the good gas mileage as I do with the HHR. I would be giving up my truck that has lots of room that why I'm so concerned. I don't what to be sorry if it doesen't meet my needs.
Thanks for the reply. And I'm sorry if I offended anybody due to the fact that I don't own one Yet. Thats why I'm on here is learn as much about then as I can. No hard feelings I hope. Snoopy, your say your retired, congradulations. I'll be retiring in 5 years and as you know if someone wants to retire early they have to buy smart.
No offense has been taken...just me being my disagreeable self!

It might be easier to take the measurements of your sled and then go by a local dealer. Best way to be sure.

Or take one for a test drive, swing by your house and try to slide that thing in!! That'll give the saleperson sonething to talk about later!
Old 07-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Founding Member

I agree with Mike there, if they want to make the sale, I bet the dealer will even load the sled for you!