General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Installed OEM fogs on 2010 HHR LS-pics and questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 02:26 PM

Incorrect

[QUOTE=nacademus;532232]

Goes to THIS pin.
Name:  IMAG00157paint.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  17.1 KB

Correct?/QUOTE]

That is not pin 54!!!

This is an 18 X 4 row connector. Three times 18 is 54, thus pin 54 has to be at an end.

A check of my FSM reveals the first pin on the left second row down is pin 54.

72 -------- 55
54 -------- 37
36 -------- 19
18 -------- 01
Old 02-13-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by nacademus
Did some digging around. This appears to be the part I need.

http://www.mouser.com/search/Product...2F83wWTA%3D%3D

I will go to the dealership and ask for part #12084912. That should be sufficient.

UNLESS these are too large...
My 2009 FSM lists the contact as "Terminal/Tray: 15359541/4"
I read this as you will need part #15359541

While the pins on the BCM maybe round, I do not believe the connector/pin on the connector to be round as you found in the picture of the item above. But, I could certainly be wrong on this as I am only going from memory.

Also when I have had the connector apart for another project I believe there are retainers that have to be removed before all the contacts will fall out of the connector housing. Don’t worry.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:35 PM

Name:  pinout.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  23.6 KB

:p
Old 02-13-2011, 05:14 PM

I think sno white is correct! I had a brain fart.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:07 PM

That's OK! We help each-other here. Once I get everything ironed out, I intend on creating an all inclusive How-To. The other one everyone points to seems to be getting patchy with information, I just figured I would amalgamate it and make it all inclusive.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:54 PM

OK. I wired up pin 54 on my BCM and tested it with the voltmeter. It is always 12V, whether the key is on or off. Is this correct?

I am afraid to continue wiring it up in the event that this is wrong and I short it out

Can someone verify that pic 54 on a 2010 LS BCM is the same as all of the other models?

I even toggled the switch on and off inside with the key on. There was no variation in the voltage shown on the lead plugged into pin 54 on the C1 BCM connector.

SOMEONE HELP ME!
Old 02-20-2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by nacademus
OK. I wired up pin 54 on my BCM and tested it with the voltmeter. It is always 12V, whether the key is on or off. Is this correct?

I am afraid to continue wiring it up in the event that this is wrong and I short it out

Can someone verify that pic 54 on a 2010 LS BCM is the same as all of the other models?

I even toggled the switch on and off inside with the key on. There was no variation in the voltage shown on the lead plugged into pin 54 on the C1 BCM connector.

SOMEONE HELP ME!

A few thoughts:
What type of meter are you using? Analog or digital. With a modern digital meter with high impedance input the meter may be measuring some leakage voltage from the BCM circuit. Many modern “relays” are not true relays, they are semiconductor switches and they leak.

I sourced a 2006 BCM, which I took apart for another project and I only find 4 true relays within. According to my past research three are used for the door lock-unlock functions and the other is for the interior lights. This agrees with my 2009 FSM. You will have to guess as to the 2010.

For the actual problem you are having at this point; as I said above it could just be a measurement problem or there is a permanent ground on the control circuitry, i.e. Pin 16 of connector #2 on the BCM.

The schematic in post #32 I believe is from a 2006, the only change in my 2009 FSM is how they call out the connectors. In the 2006 they are a “C”, in my 2009 it is now an “X”.

Referring to the schematic in post #32 do you have the underhood wiring to the lamps done yet? I ask because I would go about this a bit differently at this point due to the confusion. Finish the wiring to the lamps from the underhood fuse box sans the connection between the fuse block and the BCM. Then test out your work by supplying a fused 12VDC source to the connector #2 terminal C1. If the fog lights come on that section all works. I like to work in sections proving what I have done is correct.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:34 AM

I didn't take any chances on wiring that up, since I wasn't 100 percent sure it was correct. I just put it all away and I think the safest bet would be to have a dealership run the wire for me.

This is a brand new car and I don't want to screw it all up. But there is a problem.

I put everything all back together, mind you I didn't hook ANYTHING up or plug anything in that wasn't factory, and all of the sudden my car won't start. It started just before I unhooked the battery, while everything was already all together even after testing.

I checked the BCM connector and it is properly secured, fuse box studs and fuses alike. I made sure all of my relays were OK and pressed in. They are. Nothing seems to be working. I put my key in and turn it-get nothings. "---F" displays on the DIC, unable to select other options. Maybe the BCM has a problem.

I noticed a few weeks ago that my wipers acted funny, like my rear wiper ran and stopped at 12 o'clock even though I didn't push the button-also, my right headlamp (passenger side) was out, I figured it had simply blown or something simple happened. I never touched a thing on it then. I just assumed my fuses were loose, which, by golly, they all were!! FUSES AND RELAYS!! Nearly all were loose. The issue seemed to go away once I checked that. I didn't think anything of it.

All I can think of that happened was when I went to plug my battery back in, the lights flickers very fast because the connection wasn't great until I tightened.

The car started fine...I unplug the battery to patch it all together...plug battery back in... now this. Even my cousin is perplexed, and he is a trained technician. Either way, dealership is coming to get it for me. We will see what they say, and maybe I'll just spare myself the hassle of doubt and have them wire the puppy up.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:41 AM

Dealership has it now. We shall see...
Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 AM

That sucks! maybe somthing didn't get pluged in right at the pdc under the hood. I know the pins can get bent over and not make contact. there is a tsb about the conectors in the pdc. the tsb is on here if you do a search. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Installed OEM fogs on 2010 HHR LS-pics and questions.