General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Installed OEM fogs on 2010 HHR LS-pics and questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:02 AM

I checked all of the pins. The PDC was fine. I never touched the plugs underneath. Hopefully they figure it out right quick! I pulled up on the studs to make sure the connectors were seated all the way on the bottom of the PDC. They weren't loose or anything. I am very careful about how I plugged and unplugged any connector I dealt with.

I think it may have something to do with how the battery connection flickered. I really don't know.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:56 PM

Dealership says "frozen starter"

IDK about that. We'll see. They're letting it defrost in their garage overnight. Highly skeptical.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:37 PM

If it was a frozen starter, wouldn't my key fob still unlock the car? Or my headlamps still turn on? Or something display in my DIC?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Now they say fuse box. That makes a little more sense.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:15 PM

Are you adding the factory relay to your fog lamps? I bought the fog lamps on Ebay and the HID amber lamps. I called the dealer they list 3 different relays for the 2011 I have the Lt1. I want to control the lights through the BCM. I just need the relay now, I ordered the switch. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:31 AM

did you have a hard time getting your bumper back on after you installed these fogs? i sure did, and its still not on right.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 AM

Its kind of tough. Make sure you line it up, put the screws in, THEN the rivets. Also, it pretty much needs to go on EXACTLY square, or it will bind.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:31 PM

necademus,

So what is the outcome of your troubles?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 PM

They replaced my fuse block under the hood. I didn't remove that when I was working on it this past time-so I couldn't tell you how it got hosed.

On a side note, I found a few pieces on my car broken by the tech who worked on it.

I always look my car over before I drive off.

The computer cover in the engine bay just ahead of the fuse block was just lying there right against the fuse cover. I picked it up, it wasn't even attached. I noticed that the retaining tabs on both sides were snapped off. I walked it right back into the dealer (having not left yet) and they apologized and ordered a new one.

I left to get a bite and return the rental car. Once I got to my destination I starting thinking that I should check my battery.

Low and behold. My rear cargo mat was thrown in backwards... I picked it up, spun it around and placed it back how it should be. Then I lifted the deck and unscrewed my spare retaining hand nut.

The damn thing is BROKEN. There is a tab on the top plastic piece to it that connects it to a metal ring. The ring is totally snapped off. I'm so anal about my car. This infuriates me.

I got a call the next morning from the person handling my repair. He said he put in the order request for my computer cover. I told him about my broken hand nut and he said "Well, I'll have to see it before I order it."

I'm never going back there again. This is not the first time I had repairs from this dealership with one of my vehicles and there were careless screw-ups found.

For Christ's sake, the tech in the back ARGUED with me, literally ARGUED that my 2006 Cobalt SS/SC DID NOT HAVE AN INTERCOOLER (in for a warranty work due to a loss of coolant in my IC). It does. Why the hell would I lie? I even pointed to it. He looked it up, sure enough. I was right-and they needed to replace my intake due to leaking laminovas... thats another story. They're not as educated as I would like. I'm beginning to think that getting a new car with a warranty for peace of mind was a total effing waste. I've always turned my own wrenches. I have done so many things mechanical, that I'm sure I know far more than the average technician. If I had a stinking TechII I wouldn't need them at all...

Good grief. /rant
Old 02-26-2011, 12:39 PM

I thought you posted a picture of your Fuse Box apart in the first post in this thread?

Sorry about your dealer troubles. I once had a similar job done where the dealer resealed the leaking head gaskets on a V8. To do so all the wiring and plastic retainers had to be removed from the top of the engine, got it back with all the wiring flapping around as there was not an intact piece of plastic left to hold everything in place.

My first(and last) HHR Oil Change at the dealer someone used an adjustable wrench and shredded(rounded) the plastic off the oil filter cap. To think I bought a low profile socket, I would think the dealer could do the same.

As far as the rear cargo mat – I’ve done that myself.

Quick Reply: Installed OEM fogs on 2010 HHR LS-pics and questions.