General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Installed OEM fogs on 2010 HHR LS-pics and questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 02:29 PM

I did take the fuse box apart-but I didn't touch it this time around (it was perfectly fine for 2 weeks).

The image was from the first time I worked on it and it was not damaged in any way and went back together perfectly fine and functional. It was totally fine when I was testing, and all I did was unhook the battery, and hook it again.

Well, obviously something happened. Something that WOULDN'T have happened had I left it entirely alone. I am grateful that it was repaired.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:20 PM

fog lights

my lt did not come with fl. it was a rental. took water shield of and splash panel. all the wiring needed is there. after hooking up the oem switch and the fl.do i have to do anything else? all and any info would be helpfull.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Pictures of where you found these wires, please. :)
Old 03-02-2011, 01:51 PM

fl

dont have anything to take pic with. take of the panel that hase tc button,back window wiper. it just snapes in place the bottom does have a flang on. the wires for the switch will be there rapped in the wire loom with masking tape. as far as the fl are concerned, take the splash shield off in front of the front tire. 2, 1/4" screws and 4 push pin washers. you will see the wires with a dummy plug. unplug that and plug your lts in. hope this helps u
Old 03-03-2011, 03:57 PM

in order to run them thru the factory switch and function like a factory... you need to get the ecm reflashed.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:19 PM

OK. I'm bringing this back from the dead.

Can someone, anyone, PLEASE help me verify which pin and connector on the BCM is the trigger that runs to the relay under the hood.

I have my fogs currently triggering off of the parking lamp with a relay circuit I made, however, I have already purchased the GM relay and fog lamp button and installed it in the HHR. Also, I had my BCM reprogrammed to acknowledge that the fogs are active... I guess its when the idiot lamp illuminates.

Someone please help me to determine which pin on the BCM is the correct one for the trigger. I know what it is for a 2006, I just need this confirmed. Maybe Chevymgr can help me? I really need to do this in the warmer months. I fear for the cold coming up.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM

bump
Old 08-29-2011, 04:43 PM

nacademus

I know you asked for a 2006, the following is from my 2009 FSM which might be of help or not.

The underhood fuse block relay energizing power lead leaves the BCM on Connector #1 pin 54 and is a Yellow wire. Like some features not originally factory equipped, your vehicle may not have this wire. I am in no position to know one way or another.

The other BCM connection is from the Fog Lamp Switch that simply grounds the Orange wire on BCM Connector #2 pin 16 to activate the above relay circuit.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:36 PM

Lol. All I could find was for an 06. Mine is a 2010.

Thanks so much!!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:11 PM

need pin/reciever source

Does anyone have a part number and/or source for the contacts that go in these connectors? I'm down to running the the wire from the BCM to the relay, and from the relay to the lights, but I don't know what these connector P/Ns are at the PDC?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by nacademus
OK, I have a question.

I know I need to run a wire from the C1 plug at pin #54 on the PCM inside the car out to the under-hood PDC. This wire is typically a yellow wire.

Could someone PLEASE tell me where it should tap into? I look at diagrams and what not, but none are really helpful. Lucky provided me with a wealth of information, but I am having difficulty deciphering it.

Quick Reply: Installed OEM fogs on 2010 HHR LS-pics and questions.