General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Installed rear seat in my panel

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:42 PM

Installed rear seat in my panel

I finally installed rear seat in my panel. I was shocked to find how few black seats are to found in junk yards at least around here. I also had three or four bone yards ask me if I was looking to install a rear seat in a hhr that don't have a rear seat. when I replied yes I am installing a rear seat in my panel They told me that it can't be done that the floor pans are diffrent in the panels and that they have tried this before and it is a complete nightmare. I even had one bone yard tell me that if they had the color I wanted they would not sell it to me because it won't fit. So I thought about it and went with trusting this forum and my fellow hhr owners. I spent the money told the bone yard to sell it to me and installing it was my problem. an hour after getting home with the parts I now have a rear seat in a panel complete with seat belts. Just like it has been said on this forum It all bolted in perfectly with no cutting or drilling and no trim panel replacement. If I was not a member of this forum I wouldn't of tried this install after the statments the bone yards told me so thankyou eveyone! this fourm has become a wonderful source of correct info on hhr's. We may not always agree and have different ideas on how to do thing but in the end the correct info is always revealed.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 PM

Old 07-20-2011, 02:45 PM

Yeah, I had to talk the yard I got mine from through the whole thing. It was nice being the one who knew what he was talking about, for a change.

Grats on the mod, it was the very first thing I did to mine, too....
Old 07-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

Gratz Lucky! Hope you enjoy it.. :)
Old 07-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member

Lucky- Guess the bone yard dudes just didn't have a clue...

I'm still happy having my 2 seater Panel ....
Old 07-21-2011, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Lucky- Guess the bone yard dudes just didn't have a clue...

I'm still happy having my 2 seater Panel ....
I like having my two seater but I have to make lots of trips to my fathers over the next 6 months or so and the suburban would kill me in fuel I hope to change it back as soon as possible I just hope I can get it changed back before I get too many french frys and happy meal toys back there
Old 07-21-2011, 02:02 AM

Arrow

Sweet!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:50 AM

We like our rear seat 5 passenger option ! If you need to haul something just fold the seat forward ! And if some say loss of storage space with the removal of the box, the storage space is really kind of a joke as you really can't put much of anything in that poorley designed box .....

What "NO PIC'S" Lucky , Enjoy ,
Old 07-21-2011, 05:22 PM

Make it two red panels with rear seats!

I've had the car 3 weeks and installed the seats / belts last night. I had all the local yard issues with can't do it or even better, "We have a Lt gray seat, you could just paint it". Found a yard a state away with great service and had a low mileage '11 for parts and a decent price with shipping. Thanks to the forum I knew exactly what parts to ask for and had an easy very clean install in about 2 1/2 hours!

This place is great! Thanks for the info sharing and unlike other forums forgiveness to us new guys when we ask the same question twice.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. DLVRNIT
We like our rear seat 5 passenger option ! If you need to haul something just fold the seat forward ! And if some say loss of storage space with the removal of the box, the storage space is really kind of a joke as you really can't put much of anything in that poorley designed box .....

What "NO PIC'S" Lucky , Enjoy ,
You are right the storage loss with the seat is not much of a loss. I guess i shold have taken pic's sorry

Quick Reply: Installed rear seat in my panel