General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

installing my replacement jet chip

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 09:50 PM

how much?
Old 05-29-2010, 09:59 PM

What year, motor, trans?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:06 AM

I think with a lot of these chip they are having issues with some cars due to the new computers in the cars.

In the past we could just get a ROM chip and plug it in and nothing would change but the chip.

Today with flash memory the computers could be different based on what GM loaded in at what time of year. The falsh memory also can be changed on a dealer visit.

Often these changes many not effect a plug in module and other times they may not work if the module is not updated or made to deal with some changes.

I think the time for the plug in are nearing an end. Today many of the companies are going to programers that you can down load a new or updated program on your computer to the programer. It will give you the laters t changes and prevent issues like you are seeing.

The key at that point is how well the companies can keep up with the changes on their propduct updates.

The new computers are also going to get more difficult to change as they are getting more and more complex. Many of the companies I sell the programer is the same for all of one make cars. They then have to log in and download the progams they neeed that are updated often. The box is mostly just a storage device that loads and unloads the program.

It is only going to get worse in the future for many of these companies.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:30 AM

just to show you how bad of a company jet is they make a mass air sensor for the hhr ss and they have it under the ss catagory. i asked them if it went with the gm turbo upgrade, they told me that it is only for natural aspirated motors. i asked why do you have it for the ss which comes turbo he said maybe it will work i really dont know. then why are you trying to answer questions if you dont know what works on what?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:40 AM

they are not to well informed the tec told me to install the chip in the wrong port,when i called and told him the car would not run, his advise was that i had not fully installed the chip, wrong! later i figured out he had given me the wrong port,used the other port and the car ran great FOR A DAY!!! guess their product has a shelf life.. what scares me as they make these things for airplaines
Old 05-30-2010, 04:21 PM

The complexity of the current ECMs is way beyond any "chip".

If you want any improvement, just go for a good tune.

Tom, who is a Trifecta dealer and supporting vendor should be able to help you out.

But, don't expect any "miracle" tune from any source, or big gains from "bolt-ons".

These modern cars are pretty efficient from the factory and if you are looking for any serious gains, you had better be looking at BOOST!!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:19 AM

being non turbo the only boost i can show to the car is to park it next to the porsche it gets 1.3 and halls extrem bannas....has two zero clearance turbos and will spin the tyres in 2nd . maybe thats why my hhr seems so slow. but i still can't wait to drive it daily alll day... can't do that in the porsche i want out of that thing in an hour or so.....
Old 06-01-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by blue car
they are not to well informed the tec told me to install the chip in the wrong port,when i called and told him the car would not run, his advise was that i had not fully installed the chip, wrong! later i figured out he had given me the wrong port,used the other port and the car ran great FOR A DAY!!! guess their product has a shelf life.. what scares me as they make these things for airplaines
that is scary they make things for planes.