General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Interior Trim Color Codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 12:04 PM

brain fart......
Old 06-12-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR
Let us know how you make about.
The 47C is for a Holdens. The only Holdens I know of where Australian cars made by GM.
I saw that and I know what a Holden is because I also have a 2017 Chevy SS Sedan. It also has a black interior with a light gray headliner and I've already installed a Homelink kit in it and the Gray bezel in the kit matched the roof console in it perfectly. That's the same exact bezel that I need to paint because the headliner in the HHR is much more of a tan color vs more of a gray in the SS Sedan. I have a box in the garage with a bunch of Homelink roof consoles in it that I've acquired over the years from various Silverado/Sierras and Trailblazer/Envoys. They are all the same shade as the HHR. So I know GM has used that same shade in a lot of vehicles, so I'm confident that someone makes a paint to match. I'm just guessing here, but the G8's had a Red/Black interior available that was the same colors as the Red/Black in the HHR SS's. I'm guessing that they may of already had that interior first and was already using that RPO Trim Code and it was probably listed in GM documents as being a Holden code. When Chevy started using it, somebody probably just transferred the description over from the Holden info.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 06-13-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Maybe this will help:
My headliner must be Cashmere, because it's defiantly not Ebony or Gray.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by heathenhhr
i have access to the gm parts catalog, if you give me the last 8 of your vin i can look up the rpo codes and/or the part # for the headliner specific to your car... May or may not help
9s514369
Old 06-13-2019, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rocky1974
9s514369
this is your headliner per your VIN... the highlighted RPO codes translate to
ASF: Inflatable roof restraints
CF5: Sunroof
DD8: Auto rearview mirror
UE1: Communication system, GPS
19I: Interior trim color Black/Ebony

my HHR has a grey cloth interior (seats, dash, everything) and it's interior code is 14I
Old 06-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Administrator

But the headliners are lite gray.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
But the headliners are lite gray.
Yeah, even thou his car has an ebony trim code the VIN still calls for a grey headliner (that's the OEM part #), but that puts to rest whether it was grey or cashmere
On the left where it show usage, 14I (grey), 19I (black) and 32I (cashmere) are all listed with that part #, so whoever said all the cars had grey headliners was correct
He's also correct about his car having the 47C code, so it must have not just been for Holdens
Old 06-13-2019, 12:33 PM

Trim colors are the plastic accent pieces. Like the 2-tone dash and the pillars and the 2-tone door cards.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by heathenhhr
this is your headliner per your VIN... the highlighted RPO codes translate to
ASF: Inflatable roof restraints
CF5: Sunroof
DD8: Auto rearview mirror
UE1: Communication system, GPS
19I: Interior trim color Black/Ebony

my HHR has a grey cloth interior (seats, dash, everything) and it's interior code is 14I
Ok, I'm assuming that the highlighted RPO codes are the ones that apply to my car, but there's 14I and 32I listed there also, I'm assuming that those are the other trim codes that also use the same part. That's probably all the interior colors. If I go back up to the chart that donbrew posted, there's no 14I or 32I, but there is 141(Medium Dark Gray) and 321(Medium Dark Cashmere). My headliner is not Gray, but It might be Cashmere. I think I'll see id I can find some 32I paint. That just may match. I found this by Googling "GM Trim Code 32I Paint". https://repaintsupply.com/sem-17133-...SABEgLfSvD_BwE and it looks a lot like my color. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rocky1974
Ok, I'm assuming that the highlighted RPO codes are the ones that apply to my car, but there's 14I and 32I listed there also, I'm assuming that those are the other trim codes that also use the same part. That's probably all the interior colors. If I go back up to the chart that donbrew posted, there's no 14I or 32I, but there is 141(Medium Dark Gray) and 321(Medium Dark Cashmere). My headliner is not Gray, but It might be Cashmere. I think I'll see id I can find some 32I paint. That just may match. Thanks.
When you put a VIN into the parts catalog it filters to show what came on that specific vehicle. Given that many parts fit many vehicles and combinations of options, when looking at the listings it highlights the codes pertaining to the VIN you're working with. If you look next to the part description it is listed as grey in color. Should I look up another VIN, my own for instance, it highlights the 14I RPO as that is the option my car has. The fact that all of them are attached to that part # means that vehicles with ebony, gray and cashmere interiors all take that "grey" headliner.

I know I'm a newbie here and some of the long time members probably think I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but this is literally my job. I'm not an AutoZone or OReillys computer surfer. I spent over 5 years doing GM parts before moving to fleet where I now deal with all manufacturers for a national rental company. Since I have access to the same dealer programs I just wanted to offer to help where I could.

Quick Reply: Interior Trim Color Codes