General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Is the invoice the dealership shows you the true invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
Well just put a deposit down on it over the horn so it looks like we are in business. He said that he thought they could match the rate(or beat it) that my Credit Union has (Pentagon Federal CU) at 5.79..we will see..waiting for a call back right now...hopefully they don't try to snow me under here with the finance guy

The door is almost shut on this one Oh no problem on the mudflaps..he will replace them...he said that he didn't really think they were too bad but he would replace them anyways....thanks! lol

Goose
Goose, you gota go for this one. Don't let it get away.
Good luck......................
Old 05-14-2007, 06:27 PM
jx3

Fogs, Boards, and 10K for the trade??

What are you waiting for?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:41 PM

Well just gave my info to salesman who will run credit app and see what rate he can get. He said he is pretty confident he can meet or beat the 5.79 rate, will hand it off to finance boy and I should know tomorrow as they are almost at closing time.

Getting pretty pumped..hopefully have it by end middle of the week if all goes well....

I did a quick quote on Geico to see what my premium change would be..it actually went DOWN by 200 dollars

I'm liking that!

Goose
Old 05-14-2007, 07:07 PM

Nice going Goose

My insurance went up $200 when we got the HHR. Went from a 3 year old sedan to a "truck".

Now that you are on your way with an HHR, what'll be your first mod? (you know it was going to be asked )
Old 05-14-2007, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
Now that you are on your way with an HHR, what'll be your first mod? (you know it was going to be asked )
ChevyHHR.net decal

Goose
Old 05-14-2007, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by bigbear2k
If they make no money, then how do they pay the employees, building cost, and advertising? I live in Bentonville, AR (Home of the Wal-mart Homeoffice) and the dealer gave me a $1000.00 of the top just because I work for Wal-mart. Plus they gave me almost Blue book value on my trade in (the other dealerships wanted to give me $3k less for my truck). So if they make money on the trade in how do they pay for all that stuff. They only made about $500 to $1500 on my trade in if that. Just curious .
F and I departments and used cars! Extended warrantys, paint protection etc, etc,I was in a managers office the other day and they were laughing about "crushing" a customer for a $7800 gross(profit used car) deal. And that was before they got the customer in the F&I office. And new cars are still a terrible deal. I know I bought one too. Most salesman only make $75-$250 per new car as for 25% of the gross on used cars. Yes there is a hold back and fact to dealer rebates and incentives, thats how they can give you a car at invoice or below. But if you add the overhead in it's not that much. Especially when the floorplan comes due. New cars are still not where the profit is.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:20 PM

Yep...used cars is where the money is....

I forgot for mods I did buy the stubby locks form SoCal a month or so ago "just in case" I ended up with an HHR

Looks like it was a good investment

Goose
Old 05-16-2007, 12:12 PM

Just talked with dealer...will be picking up the "Gooser" aka the Goose-Mobile at 3:30 today

His financing came in just a tiny bit higher than my online CU so I went with his...today would have been the only day this week I could get it so for the 20 bucks more a month I caved

Now comes the fun part signing umpteen documents...necessary evil I guess ...

Hopefully a couple of hours after that I'll be cruising the 55 miles to it's new home

Goose
Old 05-16-2007, 12:20 PM

Congrats. Finally......

Should have stuck with the CU for financing IMO. But glad you found your ride.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:42 PM

Congrats (finally )

Quick Reply: Is the invoice the dealership shows you the true invoice?