General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

It's about to get really bright

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

Lightbulb It's about to get really bright

As you know by my name, I am an officer of sorts, and as such, I am allowed to have lights on my vehicle. Mostly for traffic control at sporting events and such for work, but I am getting ready to put some more LED warning lights on mine. I will post pictures and short videos when I get them installed and in operating order. All of the lights I will be putting on my vehicle will be slick top mounted lights (aka interior mounted) so I don't draw a lot of attention rolling down the road. But do not be mistaken, while they may be inside, that doesn't stop them from being crazy bright.

On a separate note, I am also going to be getting the LED tail lights, green LED underbody lights, and floor board lights to match (come in sets of 4) and I am going to take two of them and mount them under the hood of the HHR and point them up and forward, so when turned on, it glows under the hood. And will also be doing the under headlight LED strips..

What are your guys' opinions?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Platinum Member

Go for it man... Make it how you like or need it..
Old 11-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Deceased

Did you ever consider strobes like those used in unmarked police cars, I've seen kits that install in the corner markers etc. Back in the 90's when I owned a racetrack we had an S-10 outfitted with strobes as the pace truck, very cool and attention getting.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:38 AM

Man I wish I could do that...
Old 11-22-2010, 01:45 AM

As a firefighter and emt I respond with my car to the scene of a mva or to the firehouse. I installed leds inside at top of the windshield and strobes in fog lights and tail lights I also installed wig wag flashers on the head lamps. It lights up very well. I used phantom 2 led lights at the top of windshield. It was the skinniest light I could fin at the time.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:20 AM

Lucky you got a nice setup
https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/bro...=3&userid=5120
Old 11-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Banned

@843de, yes I did consider that. However, I am getting the LED tail lights soon.
@Lucky, I am not legally able to have wig wags per my occupation. Not even volunteer EMT's can have them in the state of Ohio. Also, shall I post some pics of it when I get it all done and installed?
@Gas Man When I get my new lights, I am probably going to part out some of my old stuff..
Old 11-22-2010, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Thanks If I ever figure out how to down load a video I can show you what my lights look like.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Officer1151
@843de, yes I did consider that. However, I am getting the LED tail lights soon.
@Lucky, I am not legally able to have wig wags per my occupation. Not even volunteer EMT's can have them in the state of Ohio. Also, shall I post some pics of it when I get it all done and installed?
@Gas Man When I get my new lights, I am probably going to part out some of my old stuff..
I have never heard that emt's can't run wig wags. I have had them for years and on all of my cars. most of the other ff/emt's on our dept. run them also. I will have to do some checking on the laws maybe I need to remove them?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Banned

That is to my knowledge lucky. I am not 100% confident on that, but if you have not had any problem as a V.E.M.T. then I wudnt worry about it. Being my profession though, I amcertain I can not have wig wags.. but I'm anxious to get my new emergency lights in.

Anyone know off hand, does Gorilla glue bind metal to metal or metal to plastic?

Quick Reply: It's about to get really bright