General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

It's Been A Long Time

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 07:53 AM

It's Been A Long Time

Hey all! I've been gone for quite awhile. Life has had me involved with other things so I haven't had much time to post over here. I doubt if anyone remembers I even existed but howdy to anyone who does.

We just got back from a two week vacation. Drove the HHR from St. Joesph, MO to Atlanta, GA and from there up to Hillsville, VA. By the time we got back to St. Joe, I covered about 2,000 miles of driving and the HHR handled it really well. Even running through the Smokies and Appalachians, Big Blue was getting about 31 MPG which made me very happy.

Long story short- I still love my HHR.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:56 AM

Welcome back, Check Mid-Central for Fall RUN info...
Old 09-10-2006, 09:01 AM

Low Tone!!!! How the heck are you my friend? Was wondering what happened to you...I've missed ya man. Sounds like you've been having a great time with the HHR. Glad to see you back...stick around and have some fun.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Deceased

welcome back
we did 1400 miles from dallas to santa fe, taos, royal gorge, breckenridge, silverthorne, estes park, denver, tulsa and back and average 29.1 the whole trip with most mountain driving

these HHRs do awesome in the mountains. the tranny proves itself
Old 09-10-2006, 10:04 AM

Welcome back!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:18 AM

Did you take any pix?
Old 09-10-2006, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Did you take any pix?
Took about 300.
Don't have any of the car though.
hard to take pics of it while you're driving it.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by cj krause
I was really shocked how well it did on those mountains. I figured that little 4 banger would be lacking the power up there but it ran like a champ! Coming down was a lot more fun though. Nothing like going 80 MPH without putting your foot on the gas.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Low Tone
I was really shocked how well it did on those mountains. I figured that little 4 banger would be lacking the power up there but it ran like a champ! Coming down was a lot more fun though. Nothing like going 80 MPH without putting your foot on the gas.

Low Tone - I don’t know ya, I’m kind of a newbie here but welcome back.

I’m glad to hear what you and CJ said about the HHR holding its own in the mountains. A few years ago I took my previous car (93 Geo Prism) through Colorado on 70, on my way to LA for some business/friends. When I went through the mountains I had to pull over in the far right lane with the RV’s and trucks... that little Prism just couldn’t hack it, I turned the air off, rolled the windows down and took it out of over-drive, and I was still barely passing the trucks. At the time I was doing freelance graphics and it fit the bill for running around in Kansas City, but it was pretty much an ‘in town’ car. I look forward to taking a trip maybe next spring back along the same route in my HHR. Nice to know I’ll be able to keep up with the traffic.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by cj krause
welcome back
we did 1400 miles from dallas to santa fe, taos, royal gorge, breckenridge, silverthorne, estes park, denver, tulsa and back and average 29.1 the whole trip with most mountain driving

Hey CJ, looks like I will be taking my HHR to denver next year. Did you do anything to help prevent vapor lock? My area is at a pretty low altitude, and very flat, and I have heard others say if your car is used to a lower altitude it can affect how your car runs at high altitude. I would think the computer would help "adjust" to the higher altitude, but I wasn't sure.

Quick Reply: It's Been A Long Time