General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

JBP Vortex Header

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 PM

Chad, I believe that CrashMan82 was suppose to be their tester for this but we haven't heard anything since. You may want to give him a PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:36 PM

Agree, Disagree and agree to disagree

A header will gain horsepower, I do not like the sound of that thing, it is way too loud. Also it did not appear to be a very nice looking design or easy to install. Certainly I was not impressed by the price of the thing.
Right now I am considering a header or porting my stock exhaust manifold. Not sure what I am going to do buy but I know it will not be that header.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:00 PM

looks like it says that the whp gain is with the intake as well
Old 01-21-2009, 03:25 PM

Their hp claims are on a ss/sc cobalt with their intake and full exhaust. We will definitely not see that much gain.

The group buy is good until February 20th.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Platinum Member

Wasn't there an attempt, here, to do a group buy on this about a year ago
Old 01-22-2009, 12:43 AM

-Headers cannot be judged by looks nor price..if you think these look busy..you should see some of the ones used for say, rrear engine turbos or exotic's..you can't tell one end from the other..but you can sure feel the difference on the road,or the dyno. As mentioned before..a header such as these would be pricey at first because of the design and build.It takes aot of time to get a set right.Theres a lot of trial fit and who knows how many were scrapped before just the right combination of elbows were discovered that accomplishes the goal(s).Another mentioned piece,headers in their own right are not that noisy..sure most people hear the word and think race car no mufflers and high rpm/s..yeah,they be noisy.with a proper exhaust you won't hardly remember they are there.You want to hear noise?Uncover your air cleaner!That little gem has just as much to do with noise as the muffler.I hear all the time,but the maintenance is bad...take the right precautions and they are trouble free..Spend the money aon a GOOD set of gaskets( not the cheap Mr Gasket asbestos types),I am currently running over 6 years on a set right now.Use lock washers under the bolts( use stainless steel bolts,they won't rust)..they work!you only have to retighten the header down once if they are installed correctly,as as i remember..anything you replace would need the same attention anyways!A header does wonders for engine breathing..other wise why do so many people use them?Remember another thing..these are not cammed up cars so you won;t get that "tink" sound like say a hot rodded small block.another thing..spend the jack and get them Jet coated..it COOLS down the eng compartment while making the exhaust more eficient by using the contained heat for velocity which also aids in cylinder filling.A tuned set,such as the ones discussed here are even better,especialy for the turbo's. Equal lenght headers( which are really hard to manuf because of the space limitaitions of modern cars) smooth out the exhaust pulses which makes for a smoother consistant turbine speed.Unequal lenght( most of the supplied over counter types..especially the cheap ones which rust after 5 miles) have uneven pulses because of the different lengths(takes longer for one cylinder to reach the collector then another).Headers like intakes and tires and fuel are all different.You get what you pay for.These are not cheap Auto Zone headers you can get for $99.99 and a box top from Cheerios.And no.. I'm not connected to them.Another thing..headers come in 2 forms..one for those that just want to have them for bragging rights..and those that have them for form and function..the difference is the price.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
-Headers cannot be judged by looks nor price..if you think these look busy..you should see some of the ones used for say, rrear engine turbos or exotic's..you can't tell one end from the other..but you can sure feel the difference on the road,or the dyno. As mentioned before..a header such as these would be pricey at first because of the design and build.It takes aot of time to get a set right.Theres a lot of trial fit and who knows how many were scrapped before just the right combination of elbows were discovered that accomplishes the goal(s).Another mentioned piece,headers in their own right are not that noisy..sure most people hear the word and think race car no mufflers and high rpm/s..yeah,they be noisy.with a proper exhaust you won't hardly remember they are there.You want to hear noise?Uncover your air cleaner!That little gem has just as much to do with noise as the muffler.I hear all the time,but the maintenance is bad...take the right precautions and they are trouble free..Spend the money aon a GOOD set of gaskets( not the cheap Mr Gasket asbestos types),I am currently running over 6 years on a set right now.Use lock washers under the bolts( use stainless steel bolts,they won't rust)..they work!you only have to retighten the header down once if they are installed correctly,as as i remember..anything you replace would need the same attention anyways!A header does wonders for engine breathing..other wise why do so many people use them?Remember another thing..these are not cammed up cars so you won;t get that "tink" sound like say a hot rodded small block.another thing..spend the jack and get them Jet coated..it COOLS down the eng compartment while making the exhaust more eficient by using the contained heat for velocity which also aids in cylinder filling.A tuned set,such as the ones discussed here are even better,especialy for the turbo's. Equal lenght headers( which are really hard to manuf because of the space limitaitions of modern cars) smooth out the exhaust pulses which makes for a smoother consistant turbine speed.Unequal lenght( most of the supplied over counter types..especially the cheap ones which rust after 5 miles) have uneven pulses because of the different lengths(takes longer for one cylinder to reach the collector then another).Headers like intakes and tires and fuel are all different.You get what you pay for.These are not cheap Auto Zone headers you can get for $99.99 and a box top from Cheerios.And no.. I'm not connected to them.Another thing..headers come in 2 forms..one for those that just want to have them for bragging rights..and those that have them for form and function..the difference is the price.
very well said
Old 02-16-2009, 08:13 PM

bump

4 days left
Old 02-16-2009, 09:36 PM

i want but just no money
Old 02-18-2009, 07:45 PM

No more waiting for me.

Name:  JBP_header.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  59.9 KB

Quick Reply: JBP Vortex Header