General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Just a few ?s

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by nfboy
We had a wicked amount of snow this year. HHR handled great. Of course remember that good snow tires on all four wheels plays a big part in how a car does in snow.
Can't agree more!!

My wife's had the oem tires and had no problems at all. Has T/C. (2LT)

I had G-Force and could barely got off our street! Ended up parking it and driving another car until the snow melted. When I still had oem tires though I had no trouble at all. No T/C on mine. (1LT)
Old 05-12-2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by bigallis1
Welcome to the forum chief.
Along with getting running boards, I would suggest a set of the moulded splash guards.
Where abouts are you in NY?
Thanks for the input. I'm in Putnam County. About 40-50 miles north of the city.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:33 PM

Thank you all for all your help. I just go back from going to 4 differnt Chevy Dealers. I was sold on the car right after my first test drive. I didn't know how i would like driving a 4 cylinder. I'm trading in my 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix with a 3.8, 6 cylinder. It had plenty of pep around town and i had no problem getting on the interstate. I was also surprised at how smooth the ride was. For some reason i thought it woul be a much bumpier ride.
The best deal i got was on a Dark Blue LT1. It had the 2.4, auto tranny, abs, stability control, Running boards, fog lights, remote starter, 7 speaker sound system, xm, Chrome package. The car listed for 21,854. I can get it for 18,424. I will also get free lfe time oil changes at this dealer. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Platinum Member

"Chief"....

Option selection is really dependant on your personal useage. But, here's a couple of "things" to think about.....

1. Definately the Assist Steps.
2. Maybe the Mud Guards
3. Consider the Leather Interior, as suggested, over the cloth....damp cloth cleans most spots on leather.
4. Recognize the Roof Rails are limited in weight capacity(150#, I believe) and the X rails are additional and expensive. Also, just the rails, "cut" into hway mileage by 1-2 mpg.
5. Floor mats...kind of a personal choice issue. For example, I have the standard mats, because I had intent to use Huskie liners to preserve the carpeting (OEM's will be reinstalled, which look new, when I sell the car).
6. Carefully analyze what, if anything, you will do to mod your car. No sense in paying for something extra, only to remove it.

Good luck in your decisions. Come back to this forum for any other suggestions. WE LOVE TO BE and ARE the MOST helpfull.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chief79
Thank you all for all your help. I just go back from going to 4 differnt Chevy Dealers. I was sold on the car right after my first test drive. I didn't know how i would like driving a 4 cylinder. I'm trading in my 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix with a 3.8, 6 cylinder. It had plenty of pep around town and i had no problem getting on the interstate. I was also surprised at how smooth the ride was. For some reason i thought it woul be a much bumpier ride.
The best deal i got was on a Dark Blue LT1. It had the 2.4, auto tranny, abs, stability control, Running boards, fog lights, remote starter, 7 speaker sound system, xm, Chrome package. The car listed for 21,854. I can get it for 18,424. I will also get free lfe time oil changes at this dealer. Let me know what you guys think.
Sounds like a good deal to me.

BTW, careful of those dealer lifetime oil changes. Often they are just a way to get you to have the car serviced more often than needed and for them to have other "issues" which need servicing.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Sounds like a good deal to me.

BTW, careful of those dealer lifetime oil changes. Often they are just a way to get you to have the car serviced more often than needed and for them to have other "issues" which need servicing.
Got to agree here. Sounds like a decent deal. and WELCOME!
I too got the lifetime oil changes and figure they are a gimmick to get you to spend more over time. Oh well, four changes later and still they have yet to try and upsell me anything. Time will tell.
They have me scheduled at five thousand mile intervals BTW. How long between free oil changes will your dealer require, Chief?

Another NON DEALER installed item that I and many others find a "MUST"is a proper rear anti-stabilizer bar. They can be had for around two hundred dollars from some of our sponsored vendors. It installs in about a half hour in your driveway and make the car handle SOOO much better. Chevy should make it standard.
Best of luck
Old 05-12-2007, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chief79
Hello all, Newbie here. I'm so glad i found this site. I am i the shopping process right now. I will be hitting at least 4 Chevy dealers today. I thought i did plenty of homework but, if i did not come to this website i would have never known about the Sandblasting problem. Thank goodness i came here. I will put Running boards down as a must have option. Are there any other options you guys did not get that you wish you had? Also i was wondering how the car handles in the snow? Any input would be appreciated.
Welcome! I wish I would have known about this site before I bought my car. I was unaware of the sandblasting problem...was unaware running boards even existed when I bought the car.
So my biggest thing.....I really wish I got the running boards I didn't know about...LOL. I also wish I had the roof rails. We had a sales guy that didn't inform me of the fact I could add things to the car when we bought it.
The car did great in snow. I didn't use chains or studs...and we were on ice twice. I think it is more the driver than the car anyway when it comes to driving in the snow.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Yeah but you just have to tell them no to whatever they offer.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Yeah but you just have to tell them no to whatever they offer.
I have the lifetime oil and so far....they haven't said there is anything else wrong. In fact, they even let me know that some of the things that I was concerned with were in fact "normal noises and smells". They didn't want anything extra.

Hmmm....but....we are past my warranty expiration date yet either. Truth will all be said then. LOL
Old 05-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Angel N Tinkerbell
I have the lifetime oil and so far....they haven't said there is anything else wrong. In fact, they even let me know that some of the things that I was concerned with were in fact "normal noises and smells". They didn't want anything extra.

Hmmm....but....we are past my warranty expiration date yet either. Truth will all be said then. LOL
I have 9.99 oil changes and free tire rotation for life. So far the dealership has been pretty good about not recommending extra service except for when they offered to balance my tires along with the rotation for like $80. I just laughed it off because I only had about 15,000 mile on my HHR at that point. I sure hope I don't have to balance my tires every 15K.