General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

KBB & Edmunds don't show proper models of HHR's

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 02:28 AM

Thumbs down KBB & Edmunds don't show proper models of HHR's

WEIRD. I tried to find the invoice price of the car I want (2LT) with the options I checked on the dealers "build a vehicle" feature. Lo and behold if you go to both sites, you only get two options to choose (not three, no levels of the LT) and YOU DON'T GET TO CHOOSE THE 2.4L MOTOR!

umm anybody home?
HELLLLOOOOO? It's 2007 guys!

Kbb.com
http://www.kbb.com/kbb/QuickDealerPr...referringPage=

4-door LS Sport Wagon
Manual 4 Cyl, 2.2 L
149 HP FWD City 22
Hwy 30

4-door LT Sport Wagon
Manual 4 Cyl, 2.2 L
149 HP FWD City 22
Hwy 30

Edmunds.com:
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/chev...hhr/index.html

This is nuts. Correct me if im wrong. How can I print out what the dealer's invoice is if neither one of them offer the correct starting price of the 2LT? Which Chevy's site quotes starting MSRP at $19270... which is higher than either of the base models listed at either KBB or edmunds. Looks like they're using 06 pricing and models for 07. Somehow we need to get a hold of these guys and set 'em straight!
/rant

At any rate, if the site says the total price of car I want is around $22,185, what can I expect to pay around? Have an idea of their invoice price?
Old 10-28-2006, 04:49 AM

On Edmunds:
Click 4 dr LT Sport Wagon
Click the big red "Price With Options >" button.
Click on any options that you want, including "2LT" or the 2.4L engine.
Enter your Zip Code at the bottom, and click the big red "TMV Pricing Report >" button.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:30 AM

oh I get it
feel pretty stupid
I guess i didn't see THE GIANT RED BUTTON! DOH!

Here's what I get:
Total with Options
MSRP: $25,004
Invoice: $23,174
What others are paying: $24,043
Does the last figure sound about right? Looks like most ppl are gettng close to a grand off the sticker. Of course the '06's are selling closer to invoice but I wanna '07 with that 5/100 warranty.

One option choice threw me a curve... On Edmunds you can order a leather trim package (142/192/32--MSRP $950/Inv $836)

AND/OR you can order leather seating surfaces (142/192/32--MSRP $750 Inv $660)

The "leather trim package" seems to be something you can't even order at Chevy's website. So I didn't check that box...
what the heck is that?
Old 10-28-2006, 03:19 PM

Strange that Edmunds has a few options on it that the Chevy dealer doesn't.
Like that "leather trim package" for $950, instead of "leather seating surfaces" which is $750. You can order none, either or both on Edmunds, and I think it's screwing up the total price by adding more money that it should. Unless it's an option package on top of leather seats, what do they give you... a leather dashboard, headliner. I never saw that as an option on Chevy's website.

And I thought by choosing the 2LT package ($1800 extra) that it automatically gives you the 2.4L engine, yet when you select the 2LT package, they offer 2.4L as a separate option ($650) which adds to the total price at the end.

And options like the bright chrome appearance package. I thought that was included in the 2LT package. yet it can also be ordered for $295 extra.

I am confused, needless to say.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:06 PM

Edmunds does not disable the check boxes for items that are already included in other packages that you have selected.

If you click any of the "info" links after an option and scroll down to the option in question, it will tell you what other options it includes. For example, the 2LT option says "INCLUDES UQ3 and T37 and B57 and JM4 and LE5." (Pioneer Speaker System, Front Fog Lamps, Bright Chrome Appearance Package, 4-Wheel Antilock Brakes, and 2.4 L Engine).

All of the package or option descriptions seem pretty straightforward when you read the "info" on them.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Interested
Edmunds does not disable the check boxes for items that are already included in other packages that you have selected.

If you click any of the "info" links after an option and scroll down to the option in question, it will tell you what other options it includes. For example, the 2LT option says "INCLUDES UQ3 and T37 and B57 and JM4 and LE5." (Pioneer Speaker System, Front Fog Lamps, Bright Chrome Appearance Package, 4-Wheel Antilock Brakes, and 2.4 L Engine).

All of the package or option descriptions seem pretty straightforward when you read the "info" on them.
thanks for being interested, Interested.

I tried clicking on the 'info' links and all that would pop up is a "Request for Dealer Quote" window. No info on that item.
Maybe it's a browser compatibility thing. I'm using Mac Safari and maybe the link pops up the wrong window. But thanks for the explanation, maybe I can figure out how to eliminate the included ones.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:40 PM

Why not just build it on the GM site?

Build & Price Your HHR
Old 10-28-2006, 07:54 PM

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/newtmv/T...leid=100759600
That's where the "info" links should take you... maybe a direct link will work for you.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Why not just build it on the GM site?

Build & Price Your HHR
Mike, I've already done that a coupla times. Im trying to find out what the invoice price is and the "what ppl are paying" price.

Edmunds
MSRP $23,414
Invoice $21,774
W.P.A.P. price $22,552

The website MSRP $23,389
Still differences in options at the two sites. Edmunds seems to have a little different take on the carpet mat options, than Chevy does.

thanks Interested, that finally worked, I think I got all the answers for the optional equipment.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Interested

Based on my experience, most people aren't going to read the info. Without doing so it's VERY easy to make a mistake on Edmunds. I can see how even if people do read the info it can be very confusing and hard to dig through.

I've tried to make things much simpler on my site, as everything is done automatically.

Price the Chevrolet HHR

Nothing like TMV on my site, but those numbers on Edmunds often seem high to me. Maybe because it's an average, and many people pay too much?

Leather is $200 less with 2LT because it includes a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, which is also part of the 2LT package.

Quick Reply: KBB & Edmunds don't show proper models of HHR's