General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

lack of advertising for the HHR

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Banned

Chevrolet sells every HHR it builds faster than any other car on the lot. They have no need for feature advertising on that car because there isn't much competition and they sell 'em all.

Cobalt, Malibu, and Impala exist in a very different realm. They have to get that constant media attention in order to compete. Even Toyota advertises the hell out of the Camry, Corolla, and RAV4 even though they're the best-sellers in their segments.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:42 AM

I'm in the Los Angeles area; for the past couple of weeks there has been an HHR TV commercial that has been playing semi-often. It's pretty brief, and it's not on as often as some other ads, but I've run across it a handful of times, and I don't watch all that much TV, so I assume it's in fairly heavy rotation. It's specifically for the HHR, too...it's not one of those combo ads that hawks several models at once.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:47 AM

Back when HHRs were first to come out, I kept looking for ads but never saw one and finally saw a few HHRs on the road and then knew dealers must have them. Still don't see any ads in the paper.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:51 AM

I think if we look at the 'born dates' and 'sell dates' that most of us have, most sell within 2-3 months of build. I didn't really look for advertisements as I knew where I was going to get mine (Selman Chevrolet in Orange). Actually did my own search on-line for the blue metallic with the options I wanted within a 100 mile radious--couldn't find an LT2 in blue, but couldn't pass up the great deal Blackie was.

I kind of like not seeing so many around--every day I do a count of how many I see and the colors (silverstone and summit white seem to be popular in OC), but do get a smile when I see one and we kind of nod at each other or give each other's car an appreciative glance as we pass.

Oh yeah, first time I saw one was at a Chevrolet dealership in Oakland, CA, March of 2005. Had taken the S10 in for servicing and when leaving, almost broke my neck turning to get a good look at it--went home and looked it up on line--waited 2 years to get one. worth the wait

Last edited by afs9; 11-12-2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: add...
Old 11-12-2007, 11:08 AM

Thinking back on things, I can't really recall where/how/when I first became aware of the existence of HHRs. I don't think it was from any advertising, but then I don't remember seeing one in traffic for the first time, either.

I do remember when I was thinking of getting a new car late last year and earlier this year that the HHR would be too expensive for me to be able to get, and set my sights lower intially, thinking of the Cobalt, the Dodge Caliber, etc. The HHR is manageable, though, I found out, and my former interest in the PT Cruiser (which now infest the roads like ****roaches) led me to get it instead. When I got onto the lot the day I was ready to plunk down the dough, I even had a moment of panic when the salesguy led me out to their fleet of HHRs...they suddenly looked odd/weird/even semi-ugly to me for the moment, and I wondered if I was doing the right thing.

I did.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:52 PM

Here in Southern Ontario there are very few HHR's on the lots . Had one Dealer look for an 07 and he said there were only a couple left in Black or blue with the dark interior .
Old 11-19-2007, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
Oh yeah, first time I saw one was at a Chevrolet dealership in Oakland, CA, March of 2005. Had taken the S10 in for servicing and when leaving, almost broke my neck turning to get a good look at it--went home and looked it up on line--waited 2 years to get one. worth the wait
Old 11-19-2007, 09:06 PM

The largest Chevy Dealer in Montgomery Country Maryland has 17 HHRs on the lot and they AREN'T selling. This area is BMW & Mercedes land, with a lot of Honda Accords and Camrys thrown in. The dealer here will make sweet deals on their HHRs. They want to move them. Personally, I think the HHR is THE best looking car in America, but all my co-workers and friends think I am crazy and need my eyes checked. I love an HHR with the Chevrolet Script on the side of the hood, color coordinated rims with half moons and large white side tires. I love the wheels on mitzkity's HHR! Stunning...just stunning!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by MWG2
Personally, I think the HHR is THE best looking car in America, I love an HHR with the Chevrolet Script on the side of the hood, Stunning...just stunning!
Have to agree with you.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 PM

yea, come to think of it, i too havent' seen any advertising for the hhr around here either. must be all about the subliminal messages

what's that family guy episode where the subliminal messaging about smoking is...are you smoking yet?

Quick Reply: lack of advertising for the HHR