General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The lastest Motor Trend mag articles

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:52 AM

Didn't they just find a bunch of emails from the scientists saying that it was a hoax? Anyways, I don't believe in global warming.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Didn't they just find a bunch of emails from the scientists saying that it was a hoax? Anyways, I don't believe in global warming.
Yes the results of their own findings were hurting their cause so they were going to lie and change the result as not to set their cause back. This was the group in England that was looked at as the leading team on Global Warming. Their leader stepped down over it.

Big money is backing them.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
------
I bought my 1st HHR because I liked it, not because it met emissions, or because GM was or wasn't taking govt, money, but because I liked it. After that 1st one (for my wife) I was hooked and couldn't resist the performance of the SS (for myself) so I now have 2 HHRs.
Now it sounds like GM is doing the politically correct thing and reducing it's offerings of performance cars and concentrating on fuel efficiency (even though some performance engines are fuel efficient). There are many that think this is a good thing, myself, I will buy my next car because I like it, not because of politics.

F.O.R.D = FOUND ON ROAD DEAD!!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 09 Silver Bullett
Originally Posted by esmarkey
------
F.O.R.D = FOUND ON ROAD DEAD!!!!

First
On
Race
Day
Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 AM

Global Warning is just a Hoax?

Wow I'm shocked. Learn something everyday. I, the general public, business leaders and even world leaders have all been taken in by several, obviously greedy, selfish Scientist from all around the world who have united to create and propagate for decades now, a hoax, a joke, and a lie for money. Call me naive, but I would have thought they'd be far more funds available to disprove global warming (calling it a hoax), then there would be to continue trying to support an unfounded theory? Lucky devils those greedy evil Scientist are too. Here they predict climate change decades earlier and doesn't the earth's continuing changing environment step right in line to help give their unfounded lie some credibility.

I quit smoking but now worried you're going to tell me that the link to it and cancer is another hoax. When will I learn? But I don't feel bad, if manufacturers, factories and countries around the world fell for this scam I'm guessing I can be excused, it's costing them billions.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Because everything GM made before the Government bailout was golden...
C'mon Kid, I never stated that. GM has produced plenty of pizz poor vehicles, and even the good ones have had some problems ('vette piston slap issues, HHR SS brakes, exploding gas tanks in trucks....). Just like most manufacturers.

What is pretty evident (contrary to Hyper's statements) is that GM is going to focus on what the administration deems important. Hiring and firing has been affected, operational issues (brands, buyers, dealer networks) are being affected, and design goals have been altered based on the governmental intervention. GM's best days are behind them.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:55 AM

Oh, and if you notice, it isn't global WARMING anymore since winter has been worse in other countries... it's now Climate Change.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by irloyal
C'mon Kid, I never stated that. GM has produced plenty of pizz poor vehicles, and even the good ones have had some problems ('vette piston slap issues, HHR SS brakes, exploding gas tanks in trucks....). Just like most manufacturers.

What is pretty evident (contrary to Hyper's statements) is that GM is going to focus on what the administration deems important. Hiring and firing has been affected, operational issues (brands, buyers, dealer networks) are being affected, and design goals have been altered based on the governmental intervention. GM's best days are behind them.
What product has the goverment affected at GM?

Who other than Rick Wagoner has been ask to leave by the Gov?

The killig and selling of brands, dealers, models, future product, all promotions and hires other than Ed Whitacker have all been GM decision many of which had beenon the table long before the gov became involved.

The only gov influance has been token senators speaking for closed dealer.

As long as GM makes a profit don't expect the gov to become involved.

The day Bob Lutz quits you know the gov has told him what to build.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:17 AM

When isn't the government involved in making cars? Seat belts? Air bags? There are tons of safety features and standards set by the government to make our cars a certain way....
Old 02-03-2010, 11:27 AM

Go get a Camry, those magazines always seem to love them........

And look how that ended up......

Personally, I want to be able to walk into a parking lot and say, theirs mine. Not having to keep hitting the unlock button to see which one the lights flash on......

Quick Reply: The lastest Motor Trend mag articles