General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The lastest Motor Trend mag articles

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:21 PM
ecl

Originally Posted by Jeff®
First
On
Race
Day
cause its still there from the last race day.

JK I really do like Ford just got the HHR since Ford didnt have what I liked that I could afford, or styling like the HHR.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
I would not bet the farm on GM's best days being behind them. You might want to dig around and see what all it going on.

Example: C&D this month had an article on the new 2011 Buick Regal. It is going to be offered with a 4 cylinder 2.0l direct injected turbo (sound familiar?) that produces 220 HP! Wow, a whole 220 HP, when our SS makes 260 out of the box.
This is going into the new sporty model that will also be offered with a manual. Yes, I said a manual in a Buick. At least they are offering that, but why detune the engine to only put out 220hp?!?! Oh yeah, it's not politacally correct to have high HP....

I too think GM will come back (they have to or they will die), but now they are pleasing the govt and the minority of left wingers that are controlling things.....
Old 02-03-2010, 12:52 PM

What product has the goverment affected at GM?
Early intro of the Volt; Rush on the Spark;
Who other than Rick Wagoner has been ask to leave by the Gov?
Gee how many more do they have to tell them to hire or fire? 1, 20, 100, 10000? Don't forget, Wagoner's departure also included a few other "Key" employees. And don't forget, the GOVERNMENT pushed the union to the head of the ownership table in the "NEW GM" ahead of other "Preferred" groups of creditors in the "OLD GM".

The killig and selling of brands, dealers, models, future product, all promotions and hires other than Ed Whitacker have all been GM decision many of which had beenon the table long before the gov became involved.
So Whitaker doesn't count? How many do we need? 10, 100? Again Whitaker will bring in "Key" associates who will displce others. Products? Nope, GM is being pressured to roll out Volts to many govt agencies at a $ loss; The Volt is a requirement in a $30 million grant program administered by the DOE. Pure electric version of Volt was a government push ahead.

The only gov influance has been token senators speaking for closed dealer.
BS. The Obama administration forced the creation of this new arbitration commision to deal with the crap-storm created by the elimination of many dealers in bankruptcy re-organization.

As long as GM makes a profit don't expect the gov to become involved.
Since the directors of the "NEW GM" are comprised mostly of UAW and government appointed people, I kinda doubt they will be handled as a private enterpise would handle them, but dream on.

The day Bob Lutz quits you know the gov has told him what to build.
Pure electric version of Volt was a government push ahead. The day Bob Lutz places somebody ahead of the government and UAW's interests is the day he will be replaced. Bob Lutz is no dummy, he'll toe the line. He was told where the sun shines the day he signed up for this with the current ownership.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Oh, and if you notice, it isn't global WARMING anymore since winter has been worse in other countries... it's now Climate Change.

Global Warming = Climate Change and as polar caps melt, ocean temperatures change, affecting winds and currents, there will be colder temperatures seen in many location, even though the overall temperature of the earth becomes warmer.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Canuck
Global Warning is just a Hoax?

Wow I'm shocked. Learn something everyday. I, the general public, business leaders and even world leaders have all been taken in by several, obviously greedy, selfish Scientist from all around the world who have united to create and propagate for decades now, a hoax, a joke, and a lie for money. Call me naive, but I would have thought they'd be far more funds available to disprove global warming (calling it a hoax), then there would be to continue trying to support an unfounded theory? Lucky devils those greedy evil Scientist are too. Here they predict climate change decades earlier and doesn't the earth's continuing changing environment step right in line to help give their unfounded lie some credibility.

I quit smoking but now worried you're going to tell me that the link to it and cancer is another hoax. When will I learn? But I don't feel bad, if manufacturers, factories and countries around the world fell for this scam I'm guessing I can be excused, it's costing them billions.
Good post Canuck.... the climate change deniers just aren't credible. There are billions of dollars available to any scientist that can disprove climate change models. There are no peer-reviewed articles anywhere in the scientific literature that disproves climate change.

There are thousands of peer-reviewed scientific articles explaining how climate change is most likely influenced by CO2 emissions.

hmmmm... I know who I will believe. But don't take my word for it... READ!! Read the actual science. Not some press clippings or opinion articles... pick up an issue of Nature or Science and READ.

To think that this is a grand hoax by SCIENTISTS (the most conservative group of people you will ever meet) goes beyond amusing and reaches the absurd.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Founding Member

I think I got it now:

GM = low horse power = better sales for ford = less global warming = hoax = name change to climate change = GM V8s cause climate change hoax = scientist are conservatives = brrr cold election day in nov 2010 = scientist are paid to lie through grants = GM sucked before they sucked = government will design cars that suck even more = Toyotas won't stop = Vibes have better brakes because they do stop = lots of varied opinions.

Did I miss anything?
Old 02-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe
Good post Canuck.... the climate change deniers just aren't credible. There are billions of dollars available to any scientist that can disprove climate change models. There are no peer-reviewed articles anywhere in the scientific literature that disproves climate change.

There are thousands of peer-reviewed scientific articles explaining how climate change is most likely influenced by CO2 emissions.

hmmmm... I know who I will believe. But don't take my word for it... READ!! Read the actual science. Not some press clippings or opinion articles... pick up an issue of Nature or Science and READ.

To think that this is a grand hoax by SCIENTISTS (the most conservative group of people you will ever meet) goes beyond amusing and reaches the absurd.
This topic is far from settled. While elitists and Progressives may sneer and look down at those who won't eat the tripe, here are just a few snipets of disagreement:
Global Warming?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/we...s-predict.html
http://globalfreeze.wordpress.com/20...ver-%e2%80%9d/
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1120182053.htm

Scientist won’t lie?
http://www.examiner.com/x-28973-Esse...ocs-and-emails
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7009081.ece
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/11/1...iles-released/

No disagreement, CO2 causes Climate change?
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...#ixzz0cg7nFZWO
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...944914,00.html

Anybody can look around and literally find volumes of materials that dispute global warming/climate change being the fault of greenhouse gasses.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I think I got it now:

GM = low horse power = better sales for ford = less global warming = hoax = name change to climate change = GM V8s cause climate change hoax = scientist are conservatives = brrr cold election day in nov 2010 = scientist are paid to lie through grants = GM sucked before they sucked = government will design cars that suck even more = Toyotas won't stop = Vibes have better brakes because they do stop = lots of varied opinions.

Did I miss anything?
It's all Bush's Fault?
Old 02-03-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Because everything GM made before the Government bailout was golden...
LOL, my thoughts exactly
Old 02-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by irloyal
It's all Bush's Fault?
I knew we would figure this out sooner or later.

Quick Reply: The lastest Motor Trend mag articles