General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The lastest Motor Trend mag articles

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
All I can say is people in this country can't name the vice president so how hard would it be to con them with a big lie?
This isn't about conning the US general public, nor the US at all. It's about conning the world and all it's leaders. While all nationals will be impacted by adopting any "green" program, it's the undeveloped, emerging nations that will suffer the most and have the most difficult time stepping up to this, not the nations that are already technically advanced.

I still say there is far more money available to fund a movement to debunk this hoax than there is to support it, and if it is a hoax it really wouldn't take a lot of money to accomplish that. I also agree that there is a general environmental (climatic) cycle, but what a coincidence that these scientist could predict it.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:32 PM

Hey, so far this has been a good honest debate with very little personal attacking.
I wish our senators and congressmen could do as well!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:04 PM
ecl

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe
oh please.... do a google scholar for climate change and you will find as many articles as you can read with all the facts.

Start with this one:
http://livinggreenbarrie.com/LvGnGlblWarmgIPCCRpt.pdf

Read the science....
and you can find just as many articles denying it, included a petition signed by some 31,000 scientist that flatly denies human-caused global warming is a settled scientific fact as many believe, and book The Deniers: The World-Renowned Scientists Who Stood Up Against Global Warming Hysteria, Political Persecution, and Fraud,”

I know you say read and learn the science but remeber theres always two sides to a story and both have some convincing arguements. I bet if you/others were to read some of the other sides articles might find some intresting stuff (keep in mind I didnt say facts as I dont beleive either side has them all and who knows what is fact or made up).
Old 02-03-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff®
First
On
Race
Day
Failed On Race Day:
Old 02-03-2010, 09:35 PM

How about....I can already hear the reactions to this..but well...why is it this is not the only planet that is heating up....are you saying our consumptions are causing all the rest of them to gain heat? Does it matter that we have been heating up for many more years then we know? I s it important that where cycles are concerned that we are near the end of this one? Research is still opinionated no matter how you look at it, you give the facts to 3 people and you'll get 3 different scenerios.......we can kick scream holler and point fingers all we want...guess what...its all a best guess because we have NO base line..we have NOT been here long enough to know for absolutly sure what is going on or why....won't we all be surprised if maybe the kooks might be right? Really, how do we know......besides, yall worry about fuel burned when your out burning rubber,,tell me how that computes??
Old 02-03-2010, 09:48 PM
RFT

For my , I'm all good with the global warming thing, but they have the timing of it all wrong.

I think it started about 10,000 years ago. Man the cars had some bad emissions back then.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:13 PM

Therories thats all it is , And in the end there will probally be a winner. But it's all guess work. Kinda like weatherman.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by ScreaminBlkSS
Therories thats all it is , And in the end there will probally be a winner. But it's all guess work. Kinda like weatherman.
This is the most accurate statment here for either side. Most of us will be long dead before either side could be declaired a true winner.

htere are many theories and also has been much dishonesty on both sides too. This is a topic that will go on for years.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by RFT
For my , I'm all good with the global warming thing, but they have the timing of it all wrong.

I think it started about 10,000 years ago. Man the cars had some bad emissions back then.
No it was the cows and their gas. There are some [not all] who now want to ban meat production.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:30 AM

Motor trend report: Chevy Cruze SS 260hp.This should put the low hp argument to rests

Everyone whinning about low hp, take a look at this new article for motor trend.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut..._ss/index.html

Quick Reply: The lastest Motor Trend mag articles