General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

led map lights in mirror

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Premium Member

If possible, could anyone with the auto dimming mirror with compass
(no On-Star) post a picture of the electrical connection in back. I am thinking of replacing my stock mirror if the plug matches. Thankyou
Old 02-12-2008, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by the_shmoo
If possible, could anyone with the auto dimming mirror with compass
(no On-Star) post a picture of the electrical connection in back. I am thinking of replacing my stock mirror if the plug matches. Thankyou
The plug doesn't match. It has about twice as many connections as the stock mirror. You can see pictures of the connector in the eBay auction I won at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...188527825&rd=1

I was able to order the connector to make it work, but the connector was $65! Yikes! Good thing I got the mirror at a good price! I have the service manual with the wiring diagrams, so I know how it's wired, but I haven't tried installing it yet. It's C-O-L-D here in Minneapolis!!

TomK
Mpls, MN
Old 02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Premium Member

Thankyou WOTHK. Definately different, more like connectors for mirror including On Star. let us know how you make out adapting to your existing plug, would be interested. wire diag and pics.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV
Anyone know if these can be replaced?
To answer my own question, no.

I thought I had regular bulbs because they had a yellowish tint, but when I popped the cover off it was actually a yellow surface mount led. Which I don't believe can be replaced unless you take the mirror apart.

Name:  maplight_1.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  91.9 KB
Name:  maplight_2.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  85.8 KB
Old 03-12-2008, 07:57 PM

Question

Originally Posted by chadpuska
what size led bulb does it take? cant i swap my incadesant bulb for a led bulb?
I am also wondering what the bulb sizes are for the '06 regular incandescent map lights, and also the dome light?

Also, does anyone have a how to on removing the cover for the interior lights and replacing the bulbs?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 PM

Question

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
I am also wondering what the bulb sizes are for the '06 regular incandescent map lights, and also the dome light?

Also, does anyone have a how to on removing the cover for the interior lights and replacing the bulbs?
I found these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon...spagenameZWDVW

I am just wondering how to remove the cover for the dome light. Anyone done this? If so, is it difficult?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:41 AM

mine is a 2007 LT2 fall limited edition. it has the blue led lights in the mirror. i dont have on star. and this is one thing i DONT like about my hhr is the map lights. blue led.......YUCK.....
Old 04-01-2008, 10:39 PM

Question

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
I found these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon...spagenameZWDVW

I am just wondering how to remove the cover for the dome light. Anyone done this? If so, is it difficult?
anyone?!?
Old 05-24-2008, 09:05 PM

My 08 SS lights appear to have a yellowish tinge to them.

I thought they were incandescent but 1Panel2NV's post made me think twice. Maybe they are led, but just a more traditional color... I need to look closely at them now.

I've driven an HHR with the "blue/white" led interior lights and really prefer them to the yellowish ones in mine.

If anyone knows of a way to swap them out... please let us know

PS - What about the dome light above the rear seats? Mine also has a yellowish tinge... and, of course, I'd prefer the blueish/whiteish led-style lighting inside Is the dome light an led, or just an incandescent bulb?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:45 PM

Did some researching...

Apparently, sometime in 07, Chevy changed the 2 map lights in the bottom of the Inside Rearview Mirror to a "warm" white led (similar to an incandescent bulb) from the "cool" white led (like the typical bright white leds).

I prefer the "cool" white but my 08 SS has the newer mirror, with the warm color.

Unfortunately, these leds are the surface mount type and are not replaceable... at least not without some soldering. d'oh. Anyone wanna trade their cool mirror for my warm one?

As for the two map light bulbs and the 1 dome light bulb, all housed in the dome light asm above the rear passenger seat:
- Map light bulb x 2: type W5WLL
- Dome light bulb x 1: type 562

These are traditional incandescent bulbs. Several companies make led replacement bulbs that can be swapped in their place... I'm planning to do this but I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be able to get my ISRVM leds to match

Quick Reply: led map lights in mirror