General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

LED taillight HELP !!! ASAP !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:43 PM

LED taillight HELP !!! ASAP !!

hey guys, i am searching on this right now too, but I need Help!

installing my tails, it is freezing out, can't feel my hands of feet now.

Did the driver side, except for the fact that the sub cord is there, they work find, installed the passenger side, they are VERY DIM.

They are lit, but dim. Any idea what is going on? I checked all of my wires, everything is connected, black to black, etc. So any ideas?

i gotta fix them, drive like that tomorrow, or put the passenger side originals back in!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:08 PM

Ok i am back.

Sorry for the panic guys, but i got it. The top passenger side plug was EXTREMELY hard to seat... I had double checked everything before and decided to really really push down. Nothing felt different, but they work now. So I will keep my eye on them.

Thanks to anyone who was going to help with suggestions.

now to get feeling back in my right hand... but they look KILLER and was totally worth possible frost bite.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:45 PM

Just turn on the reverse lights and let the power of 10 suns shine on your hands to warm them up . You might to want to wear some sunglasses before attempting this
Old 02-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Just turn on the reverse lights and let the power of 10 suns shine on your hands to warm them up . You might to want to wear some sunglasses before attempting this
So true!! LMAO. I love mine, but when I saw the reverse lights WOW!! Todd (Uma) I was just getting ready to reply Twisterman....so glad you got them working! Now go warm up.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:17 PM

thanks guys.

I had my wife come down to test the lights for me while i watched them (she wasn't too happy about that, she hates the cold) and she flipped it into reverse, i would have probably stumbled around and fell down if the one wasn't shining at half power and I was "ready" for the full force later.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:49 PM

Glad to hear you got them working.What brand did you get?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by twistrman
thanks guys.

I had my wife come down to test the lights for me while i watched them (she wasn't too happy about that, she hates the cold) and she flipped it into reverse, i would have probably stumbled around and fell down if the one wasn't shining at half power and I was "ready" for the full force later.

twistrman-

Hats off to ya man...Like the mailman. Thru Rain/sleet & even snow, accomplishing your mods will not slow...
Old 02-13-2010, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lethal Tendencies
Glad to hear you got them working.What brand did you get?
Same as most people on here, got the IPCW in Bermuda Black. Got them from race and street with the 15% off, couldn't really beat that price anywhere. Love the look, gotta wash the rest of the car now since they are so shiny and clean, and i cleaned the area around them first.

Parked in a spot last night where the right side of the car was in snow so I let my wife out first. Had to do the same when we got in and it was dark out. I flip on the reverse lights and see her turn her head away, hen she got in the car she was like "holy sh*t those are bright!"
Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 PM

Damn, just missed out on the 15% off... Oh well, will wait till it (hopefully) comes again...

And this talk of the reverse lights is awesome and hilarious at the same time!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by spirited driver
Damn, just missed out on the 15% off... Oh well, will wait till it (hopefully) comes again...
You can always contact Maggie directly and see if she can honor the discount or let you know when the next one might be

Quick Reply: LED taillight HELP !!! ASAP !!