General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by jjoverit
changed connection, still don't work, only low beams. Gave up.
bought new silver stars and the work correctly. Still not sure why LEDs only work on low beam. Tried 2 different brands. Used decoders and high and low works but it is backwards. Use resistors they sent and only low beam. Same with only led bulb.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:32 PM
Administrator

It must be they have gone cheap with their products, I’ve have three sets of LED bulbs from OSLAMP, they all work great .

see that link I posted earlier.
Old 11-16-2020, 04:14 PM
Premium Member

I've used Moromoto and Lasfit with no issues.
I remember that when looking for LED's not all would work with HHR's
Old 01-04-2021, 11:35 PM

I believe the brand I most recently bought are called SEALIGHT. I had two different kinds prior to that. I had a brand called AUXITO, and those were great while they lasted, but then they went half out and I felt like I needed to replace them. Before that, I think I had ones called YUMSEEN which was recommended by Scotty Kilmer. I've found that the quality of the LED bulbs has greatly improved since 5 years ago when I bought my first set, til now. And the price has come down considerably too. Makes a big difference in appearance, the car looks more modern to me with LED headlights
Old 01-05-2021, 12:07 AM

I finally got it half passed working. Except I have to switch the car to high beams for the low beams to work. And put it on low beam and the high beams work. Played with wiring of lights and still ended up this way. No matter what I tried. I am using the resistors that they sent me. Sent the cougars back. Now have beamtech in there now.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:15 AM
geg

It just so happens that my job search continues.
Recently, I have been changing professions and jobs so quickly that my relatives consider me a nutcase.

This I mean that on 11.01.21 I am going to an interview at the plant of LED.-lamps for cars. That way, if I get this job, by the spring I can not only test a whole bunch of bulbs on my car, but also arrange a discount / delivery for my friends. I don't know if they make H13 (it is not very popular in Russia) but H11 is definitely there.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by geg
Recently, I have been changing professions and jobs so quickly that my relatives consider me a nutcase.

This I mean that on 11.01.21 I am going to an interview at the plant of LED.-lamps for cars. That way, if I get this job, by the spring I can not only test a whole bunch of bulbs on my car, but also arrange a discount / delivery for my friends. I don't know if they make H13 (it is not very popular in Russia) but H11 is definitely there.
I believe cougar motors is in Russi6..
Old 01-05-2021, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Adjustment

Originally Posted by jjoverit
I finally got it half passed working. Except I have to switch the car to high beams for the low beams to work. And put it on low beam and the high beams work. Played with wiring of lights and still ended up this way. No matter what I tried. I am using the resistors that they sent me. Sent the cougars back. Now have beamtech in there now.

are those Beamtech bulbs adjustable? The low beam should point up and the high beams should point down.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:25 AM
Premium Member

I had kinda the same issue with my Morimoto LED's.
The fix was to rotate then 180 degrees.
Problem solved. Go figure.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by geg
Recently, I have been changing professions and jobs so quickly that my relatives consider me a nutcase
That's what makes life interesting!

Lot more fun than the same old boring job for 30 years.

Steve

Quick Reply: LEDs