General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

A little Jingle

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
So was that a simple repair? Covered under warrenty?

Will it cause any damage if not repaired?

Was there a TSB for this issue?
It was covered under warranty. The repair involved replacing a front wheel hub/bearing assembly.

If not repaired, I would assume at some point the bearing might seize or some other nasty surprise.

There was no TSB that I am aware of.

However, not being able to hear your noise, it's hard to say if it is the same problem. The noise I was hearing was not a quiet jingle but a loud metallic "clank".
Old 11-05-2007, 11:06 AM

I hear all sorts of noises and some from the HHR also....

Worst noise is like a howling whistling noise that I'm almost positive is not coming from the mirrors....sounds like it is dead center on the windshield.....sounds like one of those flexible plastic tube you used to spin above your head in a circular motion to make a funny noise...have no idea what the hell it can be...annoying as crap though and SORT of bringing down my HHR experience

Goose
Old 11-05-2007, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by R CA HHR
DANG I should have waited and bought an 07 I got jipped with the o6, I didn't get that lil guy in my glovebox
No... But you did have the option to get the indoor pool
Old 11-05-2007, 11:25 AM

Something behind the driver's seat used to pop while I was driving; that noise has since disappeared. I guess whatever it was has settled into place and now doesn't move in that same way when the car is in motion.

Nowadays, though, the dashboard storage is doing what every glovebox in every car I have ever owned has done: rattling when the car is moving. If I open it and close it again, it'll go away for a while, but then comes back eventually. I swear they design glovebox doors to rattle unless you stick a folded piece of paper in them! Ahhh!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by GCarp
No... But you did have the option to get the indoor pool
Do you mean on the floor board? I'm so glad I haven't had that problem
Old 11-05-2007, 09:35 PM

I am getting a bit of a ping now, but I am getting ready to do plugs, filters etc...as Sinister is now at 61,000. Of course Sinister is an '06...Thanks for mentioning the Leprechan, because Stubby says he isn't leaving for the chilli cook-off until he finds mine, and he is not buying the "my HHR is an '06" excuse either...the crazy little gnome is rifling through Sinister right now, muttering and complaining...