General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

lobotomy

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 08:32 AM

lobotomy

OK, let's start off by my proclaiming I have NO idea if I spelled 'lobotomy' correctly.

Anyway, I had several error codes come up and my car started running poorly (this seems to happen every 3-6 months or so). I shut it down, read the codes, cleared them (I know that doesn't fix the issue) and when I tried to restart, my ride was dead. I'd get head lights, but when I turned the key the lights would go out and not even a click. I looked under the dash and noticed my clutch position sensor forks had broken and come off the horn sticking out of the clutch pedal. I replaced the sensor (thank you O'reilley's) and the old girl popped right off. Since restart I haven't had a code return....but (I hate 'buts') my cruise control stopped working. I messed with the sensor and still no cruise. I thought about changing out the sensor again, but came across a thread here. Apologies, I don't remember who posted to do the 30 minute lobotomy, but I unhooked the battery and let her sit for about 1/2 hour. Started her up and 'BOOM' we have cruise control again!

Thanks for the suggestions, as a friend in Arkansas said, "You's guys are smart as a hog" (to this day he says that's a good thing ; )

Bob
Old 09-21-2022, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Battery lobotomy, one of my favourite remedies for a sick HHR. Glad you got it running again