General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

looks like we got some new competition

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 PM

the scion xb llooks like an armored car buti think they all stack up together nice and the cube is a little bigger than an xd.......http://www.edmunds.com/apps/nvc/edmu...op=3&tab=specs
Old 04-09-2009, 10:51 PM

i think the nissan has been around since about 2004 in japan. any one else notice that both sides are different. weird...
Old 04-09-2009, 11:11 PM

They look ''ok'' IMHO. I like the SS much better!

The ugliest car, is the PT Cruiser convertible. That thing looks like a bathtub on wheels, with a soft canopy on top of it.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:44 PM

The Kia Soul looks ok. The Nissan, not so much. I prefer the Soul's interior to the Cube's. I really have a problem with Japanese interiors. They're just so weird sometimes. One reason why I like the HHR so much, I love the simple design of the dash and gauges. Very clean, simple and classy.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by beachbum1970
The Kia Soul looks ok. The Nissan, not so much. I prefer the Soul's interior to the Cube's. I really have a problem with Japanese interiors. They're just so weird sometimes. One reason why I like the HHR so much, I love the simple design of the dash and gauges. Very clean, simple and classy.
oh hell yeah, the interior on these HHR's looks fantastic... and that little box in the dash is awesome!

I hope the LS I am looking at has it!

and yeah, the cube totally has a symetrical body... but it helps with blind spots tremendously!

anyone driven the KIA yet? I'd love to see a comparison of experiances for the four! (HHR, Xb2,soul, cube)
Old 04-10-2009, 01:55 AM

i got to see both of those in person at the LA Auto Show late last year. i have been following the Cube for a while now, and actually rather like it. and to the comment about the Cube being around since 2002, the original one was, but they revamped it and changed up the exterior a fair bit in bringing it stateside. they are boh very cool, interesting cars. i don't think that i would take either over my HHR (especially since it's an SS haha), but if i were debating between those two and a non-SS HHR, it'd be close between the Cube and the HHR.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 AM

Wink Yeah, the soul looks like a cross between the XB and a mini Copper.

I seen one of these the last time I went to my local Costco. I checked out the web site also. A fully loaded Soul Sport goes for around $18,000. Comes with a 2.0L engine, 18" wheels, moon-roof and those lighted 8 speakers that you see in the commercials. The amp puts out over 300 watts. There isn't much of a color selection though. Those hamsters in the commercial are a trip. I wonder if I could fit inside of it for a test drive. I am much bigger than a hamster though.
I also wonder if the parent company Hyundai has their own version of this one also. The Elantra I had was a nice ride. I also didn't have any problems with it.
It's a shame these Korean vehicles don't have a very good resale value.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:00 AM

hello guys, but as you can think of a similar comparison? These are cars that do not express anything.....the personality which expresses the HHR is a unique, unmistakable....out of any time.
Roman greetings to all
Old 04-10-2009, 05:50 AM

We looked at a Cube at the autoshow. The guy came over asked if he could help us and we both looked at the Cube and him and said evidently not. .

We really did say that as even unplanned my buddies and mine actions were well timed.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:10 AM

We have nothing to worry about, neither of these are "competition" to our HHRs

Quick Reply: looks like we got some new competition