General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Lt ss ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Deceased

Harvick actually, I've known JR since he was little and he's a nice guy, but Dale was my friend and my loyalty will always be with RCR and his former team.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
If it's not a real SS, then it's not. I don't think you can "earn" the right to put on SS badges just because you modded or souped up your LT.
Fake Nike shoes,fake CD"S,fake HHR SS's. They're all still fake.
I agree with this. If you find a way squeeze maximum performance out of your LT, that is great...all the more power to you for having done it. But even if it's now a turbocharged LT, or a supercharged LT, it's still an LT (and that's not a knock on LTs...I saw a fully loaded Victory Red 2LT on a showroom floor that had me saying "Hmmmmmm" to myself for moment). The SS moniker should be saved only for SSes that were built as SSes from the factory (even if Chevrolet themselves hasn't always been discretionary in doling out the SS badge).
Old 02-26-2012, 10:45 AM

The Fake SS thing is not a big deal to me as GM did so many years of slapping a SS badge on anything with 4 wheels for a while it cheapened the emblem more than anything.

Thanks to Lutz arrival and making them only use it on vehicles with improved brakes engines and suspensions. If that had not happened we would already have a Sonic SS vs RS.

Now if they slap a 2.0 220 HP engine in it that would be of some interest.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
Harvick actually, I've known JR since he was little and he's a nice guy, but Dale was my friend and my loyalty will always be with RCR and his former team.
I actually worked at RCR during the '07 season, and my cousin still works there. He's been there for 14 years....he's been on Harvick & Bowyer's pit crews, but this year he is the gas man on Menard's car.

His 2007 Daytona 500 ring is sweet....
Old 02-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Deceased

Richard is a great guy and he does treat his folks well, I go way back to the days when Ricky Rudd drove for him in the Piedmont Airlines car, then we had the glory days with Dale and the Junkyard Dogs.

Paul has a good car for today's race, if Happy or Jeff can't win today it would be good to see the 27 car get another win.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:00 AM

Richard is a great guy and he does treat his folks well, I go way back to the days when Ricky Rudd drove for him in the Piedmont Airlines car, then we had the glory days with Dale and the Junkyard Dogs.

Paul has a good car for today's race, if Happy or Jeff can't win today it would be good to see the 27 car get another win.
Some of my earliest memories are watching Dale drive the Wrangler car and the Junkyard Dogs........funny how years later I received crap from Chocolate Meyers on a daily basis for being a Yankee! lol.

BTW...Dale was my hero. Super cool you had the honor of knowing him.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Deceased

Chocolate is one of my buddies, I'm a big guy until he stands next to me, then I become "Mini Me".

The world changed when Dale passed away, I'll watch the race today if they get it in(raining heavily at the track), but its not the same and it never will be.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:12 AM

I agree...I still struggle to find excitement in it. He was the last of the good old boys. I actually find myself pulling for Tony Stewart these days because I feel like he's the only one that has a set and will speak out against NASCAR when they are full of it. We are not seeing the best drivers in the country every sunday, we are only seeing the poster boys who's parents/family have a lot of money to bring with them. It's sad.

With that being said, I worked with Richard's grandson's quite a bit on thier late model dirt cars and I think those kids are real wheelman. Watch out for Ty.

I actually enjoy the truck series the most anymore, alot of guys out there fighting for their job every week.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:12 AM

Chocolate is one of my buddies, I'm a big guy until he stands next to me, then I become "Mini Me".

The world changed when Dale passed away, I'll watch the race today if they get it in(raining heavily at the track), but its not the same and it never will be.
it was definitly one of the high points in my life when he finally won the 500. cue the quote in your signiture
Old 02-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Deceased

Cue the memories and the tears, miss you buddy, always will.
Attached Images