General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Lt ss ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
The world changed when Dale passed away, I'll watch the race today if they get it in(raining heavily at the track), but its not the same and it never will be.
In February 2001, I found that I was more of a Dale fan than a NASCAR fan. I didn't watch a complete race that year or any year since. Just "not the same and it never will be".

I would like to watch at least part of today's race but then I have other things that need to be done outside (we had a short but nasty storm come through on Friday).
Old 02-26-2012, 02:53 PM

With all the stuff I've done to mine, I still get people that think the stock front and rear bodywork are custom, and that the SS bages were stuck on, and that the hood scoop is not functional[which it is], until I show and tell them , it's the real deal. Funny but, even out here in Nor-Cal [sic., Car Capitol of the World] not very many SS's running around, so they are kinda rare, and lots of people don't know about them, even lots of car guys. "Moon"
P.S. and yes, I wish it would quit raining, some I could watch the race[500].
Old 02-26-2012, 03:22 PM

I already love the strange looks my car gets. I'll help ya represent for Nor-Cal moon. It doesn't matter what letters you have on the side of your car, they're only gonna see the rear. I should be so lucky as to have your mods.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by RAK80
Some of my earliest memories are watching Dale drive the Wrangler car and the Junkyard Dogs........funny how years later I received crap from Chocolate Meyers on a daily basis for being a Yankee! lol.

BTW...Dale was my hero. Super cool you had the honor of knowing him.

I remember meeing Chocolate the first time back in 1994 the day after the Cup awards in NY. He was here in Ohio at the PRI show in Columbus. That was the same show I got to meet Smokey Yunick too. [man was he ever deaf] Boy was he hung over. I am glad his wife settled him down as he was livin a hard life.

I was hoping they would bring back that show that had Burt Myers and his brother Jason at Bowman Gray. That was the kind of racing I got to help in when I was a kid. I am not sure but old Puddin Swisher I think is some distant relitive. I never met him but he is from the area my Grand Father is from.

I will watch todays race but I miss my drivers. Cale, Pearson and Dale are no longer in the field. I still pull for Tony and JR.

I really felt it yesterday when Austin Dillon was pushing Jr's Red car with a black #3. I just hope Richard changes his mind on the number in Cup when Austin moves up. He and his brother have talen I feel that they can do the number justice. If Austin had pushed him to the win there would not have been a dry eye.

I will watch today but I skip the California, Kansas and Michigan like races these tracks are boring.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:59 PM

Here's one i saw a while back with dual exhaust and SS badging while on my way to North Carolina.
Name:  100_0659.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  72.2 KB
Old 02-26-2012, 05:22 PM

I had came across an LS online when I was searching for my SS that had some chrome sticky letters you can get at the parts stores on it, tryin to make everyone think it was an SS.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney B
Here's one i saw a while back with dual exhaust and SS badging while on my way to North Carolina.
And the "SS" badge is on...upside down
Old 02-26-2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by KissMy08SS
Old 02-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KissMy08SS
Yep. And his rear "spoiler" must be clear:like it's not even there